Author Topic: Muslim critic of Islam has decided to flee Germany because of constant death threats from his fellow Muslims  (Read 315 times)

rangerrebew

Jul

Muslim critic of Islam has decided to flee Germany because of constant death threats from his fellow Muslims

The son of an imam, Hamed Abdel-Samad, Egyptian-German critic of Islam who believes “Islam is a danger to society,” has indicated that he intends to leave the country, as it is becoming ever more uncomfortable and risky for people like him in Germany now.

DMF  That is not an accusation, but a warning. “Yes, I am tired and can no longer bear the pressure, but I am not bitter. It was ultimately my decision to act as I have acted. And I don’t regret it!” It is time to look for a new home where he can find a bit of “normality” and peace and move without police protection, he said.

Abdel-Samad is well-known for his sharp criticism of Islam, which, among other things, he compares with fascism. For that he has received several death threats. Last year, for example, the Egyptian preacher Assem Abdel-Maged called for Abdel-Samad to be killed after he gave a speech in Cairo, because he apparently insulted the prophet Mohammed. Since then the Islam critic has been under police protection.

Wiki Abdel-Samad became known to the German public through his book Mein Abschied vom Himmel (My Farewell from Heaven) (2009). It is neither a settlement with his culture, nor a call to abandon the Muslim faith. According to Abdel-Samad, he just wanted to understand the contradictions of his life. Following the book’s publication in Egypt a group issued a fatwa against Abdel-Samad and he was put under police protection

He calls for an “Islam light” in Europe without shari’a, jihad, gender apartheid, proselytism and “entitlement mentality.” He criticized the German political establishment for appeasing Islam, while ignoring fears about Islam. According to Abdel-Samad, this behavior created resentment in the German population. In an interview aired on Al-Hafez on June 7, 2013, hardline Egyptian cleric and Al-Azhar professor Mahmoud Shaaban accused Abdel-Samad of committing “heresy” and stated that “he must be killed for being a heretic…if he refuses to recant.”

http://www.barenakedislam.com/
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 12:24:33 pm by rangerrebew »