Author Topic: Eric Holder: Americans Should Not Be 'Color Blind,' but 'Color Brave'  (Read 623 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/07/15/Eric-Holder-Americans-Should-Not-Be-Color-Blind-But-Color-Brave

by Charlie Spiering 15 Jul 2014, 9:30 AM PDT

Attorney General Eric Holder encouraged Americans not to forget race while working for justice and equality in their country.

“As it stands, our society is not yet color blind -- nor should it be -- given the disparities that still afflict and divide us.” Holder explained, “We must be color brave, and we must never forget that all are made better and more prosperous if all are given equal opportunities.”

Holder made his remarks during a speech at Howard University on Tuesday for the 50th Anniversary Celebration of the Civil Rights Act.

“We must take into account not only the considerable steps forward we’ve seen over the last 50 years, but the entirety of the experience that people of color have faced,” he said, calling for Americans to “talk frankly about inequality” in order to eradicate it.

Holder called on Congress to update the housing and lending laws to cover sexual orientation and gender as well as strengthening workplace protections.

More protections, he explained, would help America become a “more perfect Union.” Holder added:

That, at its core, is what defines us as Americans: a people born of revolution and tested by civil war. A nation founded on equality but built by those in chains. A country first imagined, centuries ago, by imperfect people driven by a near-perfect vision – a vision conceived by patriots who dared to reach beyond themselves and defended later by activists who fought for equal justice – and who challenge us, even today, to make this promise real.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
At least he admits it. Now, if only someone would call him out on it—this is a blatant, transparent attempt to provoke a race war in America.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

rangerrebew

So whitey was imperfect; no put down intended I'm sure.  He's not color brave since he blames everything on cracker.  And it was blacks who built this country, not whites, just like Obama said.  And he wants Americans to talk about inequality, which is negative (like diversity) instead of equality.  In this he is trying to put guilt on white people.  In fact, he sees everything through the prism of his black glasses. :bullie smokin:

Offline kevindavis007

I rather be color blind.. Isn't that MLK wanted in the first place?
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline musiclady

I rather be color blind.. Isn't that MLK wanted in the first place?

The current racist regime doesn't give a rip about MLK, nor his dream.

They want to hate whites, and they're trying to make us hate all of them.

I refuse to comply.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline andy58-in-nh

Racism is the new Equality.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
I have no doubt that if Holder could have every white person rounded up and shot, he would do it in an instant.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline kevindavis007

The current racist regime doesn't give a rip about MLK, nor his dream.

They want to hate whites, and they're trying to make us hate all of them.

I refuse to comply.

Same here.. I'm going to be color blind... That will teach them..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline musiclady

Same here.. I'm going to be color blind... That will teach them..

:beer:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline PzLdr

Eric "The Red" Holder. "Color Stupid"!
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee