Author Topic: Netanyahu: If Hamas does not hold fire, Israel will have broad legitimacy to hit back hard  (Read 739 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.jpost.com/Operation-Protective-Edge/Netanyahu-If-Hamas-does-not-hold-fire-Israel-will-have-broad-legitimacy-to-hit-back-hard-362851

Netanyahu: If Hamas does not hold fire, Israel will have broad legitimacy to hit back hard
By HERB KEINON
07/15/2014 12:37

Kerry welcomes ceasefire, urges "all other parties to accept the proposal," saying that it "provides an opportunity to end the violence and restore calm."

As Hamas rockets continued to fall on Israel even after Jerusalem accepted the Egyptian ceasefire proposal at 9 A.M., Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu said that if Hamas does not accept the ceasefire than Israel will “have all international legitimacy to broaden the military operation to achieve the required quiet.”

Netanyahu, speaking at the beginning of a meeting in Tel Aviv with German Foreign Minister Frank-Walter Steinmeier, said that Israel “agreed to the Egyptian proposal in order to give an opportunity for the demilitarization of the Strip - from missiles, from rockets and from tunnels - through diplomatic means."

The prime minister, in his first public comments since Israel accepted the ceasefire, said that the purpose of Operation Protective Edge was and remains to return quiet to Israel's citizens while delivering a severe blow to Hamas and other terrorist organizations. He said that Israel succeeded in hitting the terrorist organizations in Gaza very hard, and prevented their efforts to attack Israeli citizens.

US Secretary of State John Kerry welcomed the Egyptian-brokered ceasefire, saying from Vienna that the "Egyptian proposal for a ceasefire & negotiations provides an opportunity to end the violence and restore calm."
Leaked: Apple's next smart device (shocking)
The Motley Fool
NEVER Eat This Carb (Literally, Never)
Fix Your Blood Sugar
NEVER Eat This Type of Fish (Ever)
The Inflammation Solution
Recommended

"We welcome the Israeli cabinet's decision to accept it," he said, and urged "all other parties to accept the proposal."

Sami Abu Zuhri, a Hamas spokesman in Gaza, said earlier on Tuesday that the Islamist group had not received an official ceasefire proposal, and he repeated its position that demands it has made must be met before it lays down its weapons.

Hamas's armed wing, the Kassam Brigades, rejected the reported text of the truce deal, saying: "Our battle with the enemy continues and will increase in ferocity and intensity."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
Kerry is the frickin' Angel of Death when it comes to negotiating anything in the Middle East.

Name me one success he has had.  Just one.  All I hear about is how far he has traveled so far...in my view it has been largely a waste of time.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Kerry is the frickin' Angel of Death when it comes to negotiating anything in the Middle East.

Name me one success he has had.  Just one.  All I hear about is how far he has traveled so far...in my view it has been largely a waste of time.

Not only has he had no success - he actually makes things exponentially worse!  He's not an angel of death - he's a DEMON of death! 
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline katzenjammer

Not only has he had no success - he actually makes things exponentially worse!  He's not an angel of death - he's a DEMON of death!

Kerry has been very successful.  You need to keep in mind that what he and the regime consider "success" is not what you or I would consider "success" to be.  Their aim is to weaken Israel, further marginalize the state and stoke more hatred against them, and totally isolate them as pariahs.

Once that is sufficiently accomplished, you will see of one the primary reasons for the so called "Right To Protect (R2P)" doctrine come into play.  Again, these people play for keeps.

Offline alicewonders

Kerry has been very successful.  You need to keep in mind that what he and the regime consider "success" is not what you or I would consider "success" to be.  Their aim is to weaken Israel, further marginalize the state and stoke more hatred against them, and totally isolate them as pariahs.

Once that is sufficiently accomplished, you will see of one the primary reasons for the so called "Right To Protect (R2P)" doctrine come into play.  Again, these people play for keeps.

So true Katz, we keep making the mistake of thinking in our terms and that doesn't work with these people.  We need to always keep in mind that these people (Kerry, Obama and all progressives) are the enemy.  The enemy is inside the gate and now they are running the show.  Israel is screwed and so are we - and at the rate we are going, I don't see anyone that can help us that actually "gets it". 

Offline NavyCanDo

Name me one success he has had.  Just one. 

He is a pretty fare windsurfer.

A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??

Alice, there has been some comic going around in Israel, dressed up like John Kerry and mocking everything he ways.  Its been going on for months and the American press has ignored it completely, while a couple of sources overseas not only cover it but make sure the vids hit YouTube...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBXvrVgWToM

We all remember far too well what Kerry was all about when he ran for President, and he is an even bigger disaster playing SecState.  I honestly think he will be extremely lucky if some terrorist doesn't suicide-bomb him over there while he's playing diplomat.

:smokin:

Offline alicewonders

He is a pretty fare windsurfer.

He's not too good at football.

Offline alicewonders

Alice, there has been some comic going around in Israel, dressed up like John Kerry and mocking everything he ways.  Its been going on for months and the American press has ignored it completely, while a couple of sources overseas not only cover it but make sure the vids hit YouTube...

We've become the laughing stock of the world.   8888crybaby 

Offline Right_in_Virginia

He's not too good at football.

This picture sums up his entire life.   :smokin: