Author Topic: Progressives turn from Obama to embrace Warren  (Read 568 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Progressives turn from Obama to embrace Warren
« on: July 15, 2014, 01:00:33 pm »
http://m.washingtonpost.com/politics/progressives-turn-from-obama-to-embrace-warren/2014/07/14/e117aca2-0b62-11e4-b8e5-d0de80767fc2_story.html?tid=HP_politics

By Robert Costa July 14 at 7:40 PM

SHEPHERDSTOWN, W.Va. — Populist Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) got a rock-star reception during a standing-room-only campaign rally here Monday, as hundreds of liberal activists cheered her broadsides against corporate interests and voiced hopes that her presence might shift the political winds in an increasingly Republican state.

The rally on behalf of Senate candidate Natalie Tennant was the latest in a string of recent Warren appearances in red and blue states alike, where Democratic base voters have embraced her fiery message as an envoy to working-class voters frustrated with both Wall Street and the Obama administration.

“Our job is to fight for the families of America,” Warren said, speaking to a packed ballroom at the Clarion Hotel in West Virginia’s eastern panhandle. “Stitch up the tax loopholes so that millionaires and billionaires pay at the same tax rate as the people in this room.”

Warren stumped in Kentucky late last month for Democrat Alison Lundergan Grimes, who, like Tennant, is running for the Senate in a state easily won by Republican Mitt Romney in the 2012 presidential election. Later this week, the freshman senator and former Harvard professor will be in Michigan supporting Democratic Senate candidate Gary Peters.

Warren also has visited Oregon, Ohio, Washington and Minnesota this year and has made dozens of e-mail solicitations on behalf of Democratic Senate colleagues — an unusually aggressive effort by a senator who has repeatedly denied interest in a presidential campaign. In Kentucky, Warren raised more than $200,000 for Grimes, who is running against Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R).

Election Lab: See our current forecast for every congressional race in 2014

continued at link
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Relic

Re: Progressives turn from Obama to embrace Warren
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2014, 01:26:56 pm »
I have said for a while that Warren is the logical choice for the Dems. Hillary is old, tired, mean, unlikable, and has a lot of baggage. Hillary is the correct gender, and has ties to St. Bill, (the first black president), so she's getting serious run. But she really is unlikable.

Warren is very much like Obama in that she is a hardcore progressive, a proven liar, has no real accomplishments, and the far left loves her. And obviously she is the correct gender. Women, even some self proclaimed conservative women, will vote for Warren simply because of her gender.

With Hillary flaming out, I think Warren will be the lead of the 2016 Democrat ticket.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2014, 10:55:58 pm »
I just answered a phone survey on the Capito-Tennant race. I have a feeling it was commissioned by the Tennant campaign.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2014, 11:43:57 pm »
I have said for a while that Warren is the logical choice for the Dems. Hillary is old, tired, mean, unlikable, and has a lot of baggage. Hillary is the correct gender, and has ties to St. Bill, (the first black president), so she's getting serious run. But she really is unlikable.

Warren is very much like Obama in that she is a hardcore progressive, a proven liar, has no real accomplishments, and the far left loves her. And obviously she is the correct gender. Women, even some self proclaimed conservative women, will vote for Warren simply because of her gender.

With Hillary flaming out, I think Warren will be the lead of the 2016 Democrat ticket.

No doubt Pocahontas is trying to get name recognition, and no doubt the left really likes her.  The difference between her and Obama is that she makes no bones about her leftist ideology, while Obama has always tried to paint himself as mainstream.  While Obama has always tried to hide his leftist sentiments, or at least redefine them, Warren is doing just the opposite.  She is one of the most popular people on the communist party website (cpusa.org) and its affiliate People's World.

Unless she suddenly changes her stripes, I hope like hell she makes the ticket in '16!
It's the Supreme Court nominations!