Author Topic: Beck: 'Let's be Decent People and Take Care of the Kids When They Are Here'  (Read 2760 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-TV/2014/07/15/Beck-Lets-be-Decent-People-and-Take-Care-of-the-Kids-When-They-Are-Here

on Breitbart TV 14 Jul 2014

Radio host Glenn Beck continued to defend his initiative to send food, soccer balls and teddy bears to illegal immigrants on the southern border, which he said had raised $1.8 million on Monday’s broadcast of Fox News Channel’s “The O’Reilly Factor.”

Beck urged “let’s be decent people and take care of the kids when they are here,” and stated, “I really fear that we are on the edge of losing our country through this division, if we don't find ways to say, ‘look, we all love the children. We all feel the same way.’”

He added “we have a personal responsibility for mercy and to be there to help them to be the Good Samaritan, and to be the Americans that we always are.”

Beck also attacked his liberal critics, saying, “I find it more than ironic than the guy who they have always said hates people who are different and hates illegal aliens and everything else is raising money and is going down and feeding while the president doesn't even do what George Bush with did with Katrina and fly over the situation.”

Beck took aim at President Barack Obama for failing to secure the border as well. He stated that he believes the president wants an open border and said, “His definition of justice may be different than my definition of justice. My definition, the government is to provide justice, and it's our job to provide mercy. I think the government is failing on justice, but he may have a different definition of justice.”

He further criticized the politicization of unaccompanied minors at the border declaring, “I don't care if it is the left or the right that's doing it. It is wrong. It is shameful. It's un-American, and it's not the Christian thing to do. We must unite and come together at least on this.” He also announced that he would be reading “the first ever monologue translated into Spanish directed directly to Latin America and South America, telling people this is what your kids are involved in. This is what is happening. You’re rape you’re risking kidnapping, you’re risking the sex slavery ring.”
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline PzLdr

Right, Glenn. Feed 'em. Clothe 'em. Bring them Teddy Bears. And then act surprised when more of their compadres show up for the free stuff they can get without waiting for the government's free stuff. But hey, as long as you can feel good about yourself. You make a GREAT liberal!
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline olde north church

I don't ever, EVER want to hear him talk about Teddy Roosevelt or Woodrow Wilson or any other Progressive again.  AGAIN!!!
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
This is a perfect example of why I do not take Glenn Beck seriously about anything.  The guy is a doofus.

:smokin:

Offline musiclady

Worst thing is that he gets into his maudlin "I am a Prophet" voice when he talks about it.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Hey guys, I felt the same way when I first heard about this - but yesterday I heard Beck talking about this and he said he wants to help the kids that are here - but that they HAD to be sent back!  What he was saying was that we should show humanitarian kindness to these children and to feed them and comfort them.  It is not their fault!  But I heard him with my own ears - that they must be sent back to where they came from!

When I ask myself, "What would Jesus do?" - I know he would feed them with fishes and bread.  Jesus loved the little children!

They cannot stay, but we should show them what mercy and kindness looks like - they've probably never seen it in their little lives.

The government is hiding them away and we have no idea what conditions they are being kept in.  I pray for these children, but I agree with Glenn - they need our help, but they cannot stay.
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline musiclady

Hey guys, I felt the same way when I first heard about this - but yesterday I heard Beck talking about this and he said he wants to help the kids that are here - but that they HAD to be sent back!  What he was saying was that we should show humanitarian kindness to these children and to feed them and comfort them.  It is not their fault!  But I heard him with my own ears - that they must be sent back to where they came from!

When I ask myself, "What would Jesus do?" - I know he would feed them with fishes and bread.  Jesus loved the little children!

They cannot stay, but we should show them what mercy and kindness looks like - they've probably never seen it in their little lives.

The government is hiding them away and we have no idea what conditions they are being kept in.  I pray for these children, but I agree with Glenn - they need our help, but they cannot stay.

A good point, alice, but how do we do that without inviting more of the same?

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline olde north church

I noticed the signs in parks about feeding the wildlife, they begin to depend upon it.  Reach out your hand out to a bear, scratch that, squirrel or raccoon or even a chipmunk, see what happens.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline alicewonders

A good point, alice, but how do we do that without inviting more of the same?

The key is sending them back.  I read about one 11 year old boy that died in the desert trying to make it here.  His impoverished family borrowed $5400 to pay a coyote to bring him here.  If we send all of these children back - the families will realize that it was wasted money.  What Glenn Beck is talking about giving them is nourishing food, clothes, basic medical care and giving them a soccer ball or teddy bear.  Once the word gets out that this is all the kids get before they come back - I think we will see this slow down.  The key is sending them back.

But we are still a Good Samaritan nation, aren't we?

Offline GourmetDan

Why do you think they are using 'children' in the first place?

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline katzenjammer

The key is sending them back.  I read about one 11 year old boy that died in the desert trying to make it here.  His impoverished family borrowed $5400 to pay a coyote to bring him here.  If we send all of these children back - the families will realize that it was wasted money.  What Glenn Beck is talking about giving them is nourishing food, clothes, basic medical care and giving them a soccer ball or teddy bear.  Once the word gets out that this is all the kids get before they come back - I think we will see this slow down.  The key is sending them back.

I hope that you aren't really expecting any/many of them to be sent back.  No matter how much blusterous rhetoric may come from the regime or any other federal gubmint types, these people (children and adults) are all going to be staying here for the most part.  They are already being secretly distributed throughout the nation far and wide.  Any that will actually show up for any type of hearings will be well coached on the correct keywords and phrases to use to gain asylum.  Again, as you are well aware, these people are playing for keeps.

Offline alicewonders

I hope that you aren't really expecting any/many of them to be sent back.  No matter how much blusterous rhetoric may come from the regime or any other federal gubmint types, these people (children and adults) are all going to be staying here for the most part.  They are already being secretly distributed throughout the nation far and wide.  Any that will actually show up for any type of hearings will be well coached on the correct keywords and phrases to use to gain asylum.  Again, as you are well aware, these people are playing for keeps.

Oh, I have no delusions about the government's intent here - that is WHY they are using children now.  Now, they can make Republicans and other conservatives into meany unchristian cruel people - this is an election strategy!

I agree that Beck's group showering them help and kindness will just motivate them more, if afterwards they are then distributed throughout the country and let loose to live in the shadows. 

I see another strategy at play here, and I hope this is where Glenn is going with this.  We're all aware now that no one is getting access to these children unless they sign waivers and such that they won't talk about what they've seen.  Some people have talked about it - thank God!  I think the reports that the children are sleeping on floors, and being in close quarters with other sick infected children - and God knows what else they are being put through - I think these reports should spur every charitable group to say, "We will step in and help these children with their basic needs - they need help."

When the public sees the government turning charitable help away from these poor children - who is going to look creepy then?  Once the word would get out that they will not allow the children to get help - I think it could turn into a reverse negative optic. 

Offline musiclady

Oh, I have no delusions about the government's intent here - that is WHY they are using children now.  Now, they can make Republicans and other conservatives into meany unchristian cruel people - this is an election strategy!

I agree that Beck's group showering them help and kindness will just motivate them more, if afterwards they are then distributed throughout the country and let loose to live in the shadows. 

I see another strategy at play here, and I hope this is where Glenn is going with this.  We're all aware now that no one is getting access to these children unless they sign waivers and such that they won't talk about what they've seen.  Some people have talked about it - thank God!  I think the reports that the children are sleeping on floors, and being in close quarters with other sick infected children - and God knows what else they are being put through - I think these reports should spur every charitable group to say, "We will step in and help these children with their basic needs - they need help."

When the public sees the government turning charitable help away from these poor children - who is going to look creepy then?  Once the word would get out that they will not allow the children to get help - I think it could turn into a reverse negative optic.

I absolutely agree in principle.  The problem is that the government controls what the public sees. 

As of this morning, Beck's audience had raised 1.9 million to take care of these kids, and I absolutely agree that it's a good thing for individuals to do.  But I also have no doubt that the media/government alliance will spin it some how to be a negative for conservatives.

It's certainly a dilemma (and that, of course, is why several have already stated the reason they are using children).  We ARE a nation of good people.  We ARE exceptional.  And right now that is being used against us by some very evil people.

These kids have to go back where they came from.  But that's not going to happen.  Obama, et al, will make sure of that.....though they are bragging now that, what? forty? have been sent back home.

That's why I'm not sure where I stand on this.  We can't really win, can we?  The evil left has us all over a barrel.

What needs to be done now is that the government cruelty in the treatment of these children needs to be exposed.

Offline alicewonders

What needs to be done now is that the government cruelty in the treatment of these children needs to be exposed.

When the left has us over a barrel, I think we still should try to do the right thing.  Right now, they think they have won - and they will get cocky - and if you give them enough rope they will hopefully hang themselves.  Satan is laughing right now - he thinks he is winning - and he is, right now.  But I will continue to pray that the truth will be exposed for everyone to see. 

How evil to even contemplate using children for such a scheme!  I have no doubt that Satan is running our government right now as surely as a Master pulls the strings of his puppets. 

Offline musiclady

When the left has us over a barrel, I think we still should try to do the right thing.  Right now, they think they have won - and they will get cocky - and if you give them enough rope they will hopefully hang themselves.  Satan is laughing right now - he thinks he is winning - and he is, right now.  But I will continue to pray that the truth will be exposed for everyone to see. 

How evil to even contemplate using children for such a scheme!  I have no doubt that Satan is running our government right now as surely as a Master pulls the strings of his puppets.

Can't disagree with a single word of that, alice.

It's a blessing to know the "rest of the story," isn't it?

Offline katzenjammer

I am hoping that this assault on the nation (i.e., this planned and stoked invasion) may finally be the line in the sand that they crossed with too much haste, too much hubris, and not enough contingency planning.  Maybe this starts to blow the lid off of things....

Offline alicewonders

Can't disagree with a single word of that, alice.

It's a blessing to know the "rest of the story," isn't it?

It's the only thing that gives me comfort and hope.  I can't imagine not having God in my life to be my "rod and my staff". 

Offline alicewonders

I am hoping that this assault on the nation (i.e., this planned and stoked invasion) may finally be the line in the sand that they crossed with too much haste, too much hubris, and not enough contingency planning.  Maybe this starts to blow the lid off of things....

That is my hope as well.  The thing I dread is that this is just the FIRST of their plan to win elections this Fall.  What will they do next?  I shudder to think. 

Offline GourmetDan

When the left has us over a barrel, I think we still should try to do the right thing.

You can tell how many people are in on the scam because nobody will call a spade a spade.

The media and politicians all know that Bambi is using children to further a political agenda, yet no one will come right out and say it.

Ignoring the truth will never set you free...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline NavyCanDo

I agree. Americans are a compassionate people, It’s in our nature. But rather than having Obama ask for more taxpayers money to meet the needs of these kids until they can be sent back home to their parents ,it  should come from the private sector – churches, fund raisers like Beck is doing, and from private donors.   I will not stand on a soap box here and fault Beck for doing this.   At least with money coming from the private sector , how its spent can  be monitored and directed to the right cause.   Obama’s requested funds are certainly going to be directed in ways that will help Dems in the Nov election and to increase Liberal judges. 
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??

Mercy and kindness??  No problem.  In the spirit of Jesus dividing the fishes to feed the masses....

Give them each a bottle of clean water, and an MRE as you load them aboard a C-17 to fly them home to where ever they came from. 

Offline alicewonders

Mercy and kindness??  No problem.  In the spirit of Jesus dividing the fishes to feed the masses....

Give them each a bottle of clean water, and an MRE as you load them aboard a C-17 to fly them home to where ever they came from. 

Yep.  They have to go home.  How do we make that happen?

Offline GourmetDan

Yep.  They have to go home.  How do we make that happen?

We can't and the people who can... won't...

Offline musiclady

It's the only thing that gives me comfort and hope.  I can't imagine not having God in my life to be my "rod and my staff".

Amen!   Nor can I!

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
musiclady wrote above:
[[ A good point, alice, but how do we do that without inviting more of the same? ]]

Economic rule:
When you subsidize something, you get MORE of it.

The more we do to "comfort" the new illegal Children's Crusade, the more of them that are going to come.

There are a LOT of young folks in Central and South America.

How many tens of millions more are we willing to accommodate?