Author Topic: He's baaaack!: Romney destroys all other potential Republicans in N.H. presidential primary poll  (Read 922 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

...Chris Christie narrowly leads the pack of potential Republican presidential candidates in a poll of New Hampshire residents released Friday, but Mitt Romney crushes the competition when his name is added to the field.

Christie, the cantankerous and controversial New Jersey governor, emerged as the most polarizing name on a list of 13 politicians presented during a phone poll between June 19 and July 1.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2689300/Hes-baaaack-Mitt-Romney-destroys-potential-Republicans-N-H-presidential-primary-poll-Chris-Christie-leads-field-Mitt-doesnt-run.html#ixzz37D8GVjwP
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I understand there is a lot of buyer's remorse right now thinking what could have been if Romney won, but I don't understand for the life of me, the appeal of Chris Christie. Yea he tells people off in a New Jersey way, but other than that, he strikes me as Snookie with a tie or McCain with a Jersey fake tan.

Offline ABX

...and how the heck is Gomer Pyle... err, I mean Hucabee so high?

Offline Lando Lincoln

This may not be met with universal agreement but I have no problem with this.  I came to believe in him as a good man.  If someone better steps forward... all the better.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline ABX

This may not be met with universal agreement but I have no problem with this.  I came to believe in him as a good man.  If someone better steps forward... all the better.

At least he knows remedial math, unlike the current occupant of the White House. I believe that there really is a fundamental understanding of how FUBAR the economy is, even by those who act like they are in denial of it. The signs are too obvious. The desire for someone who has real, rational management experience is needed. Even if we don't agree on everything with Mitt, he can make a budget and stick to it.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
...and how the heck is Gomer Pyle... err, I mean Hucabee so high?
Two words: name recognition.

Well, that and margin of error.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline raml

There are a hell of a lot of us conservatives that won't vote for him this time if they dare put him as a candidate. He lost twice and is not a fighter. I am done voting for the least of the evil liberals. We have lost election after election because of these so called GOP leaders who are mostly dem lights giving us bad candidates. New Hampshire is hardly a state I care about since it is liberal as hell as all eastern states are. You are all living in la la land if you think conservatives are going to vote for a liberal who is not anything different than Hilliary we will do write ins and the republican party will go down in flames as I think it should since it no longer stand by it's own platform.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
No.
Just no.

What fools these Republicans be!
(apologies to ol' Will...)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Romney has repeatedly said he is not running, has no plans to run, and no interest in running. Sure - Chris Christie has said that as well, but at least the thought of Romney running doesn't make you collapse laughing.

I do want Romney on the team. He's smart, a fundraiser that puts the Clinton machine in the shade, organized, overall a decent enough guy but ruthless if needed, has years of actual real world experience and knows his way around politics. If Cruz, or Perry, or Barbour don't grab him to head up their campaign for '16, they are idiots.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Oceander

Romney has repeatedly said he is not running, has no plans to run, and no interest in running. Sure - Chris Christie has said that as well, but at least the thought of Romney running doesn't make you collapse laughing.

I do want Romney on the team. He's smart, a fundraiser that puts the Clinton machine in the shade, organized, overall a decent enough guy but ruthless if needed, has years of actual real world experience and knows his way around politics. If Cruz, or Perry, or Barbour don't grab him to head up their campaign for '16, they are idiots.

agreed

Offline olde north church

Both Paul and Christie are reaching out to atypical constituencies.  It may work.  If we continue to be the same ol', same ol', we will continue to be the same ol' losers.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.