Author Topic: Political fallout from underage illegal immigrants may spread far from the Rio Grande Valley By Michael Barone  (Read 154 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator

Support the USO

Offline GourmetDan

Oldtimers may remember that the influx of Mariel refugees from Cuba hurt Jimmy Carter in the 1980 election. Carter failed to carry Florida, where many refugees were housed, and Arkansas, where many were sent to Fort Chaffee. Also defeated that year were some incumbent Democrats who hadn't seemed to be in great trouble: U.S. Sen. Richard Stone of Florida and a young governor of Arkansas named Bill Clinton. Most current voters were not alive in 1980 or have forgotten the political fallouts from the Mariel influx. I'm sure Bill Clinton hasn't. I suspect that, if asked, he might have some advice for Democrats in states to which the underage illegals are being sent.

Yep, the Dems may be engineering a defeat this November that even rampant vote-fraud cannot prevent.

I'm sure the lame-duck Congress will be working overtime to pass 'reform' before they lose their seats...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf