Author Topic: Rick Perry Is Dead Wrong By SEN. RAND PAUL  (Read 319 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
Rick Perry Is Dead Wrong By SEN. RAND PAUL
« on: July 14, 2014, 08:56:48 AM »

Support the USO

Offline GourmetDan

Re: Rick Perry Is Dead Wrong By SEN. RAND PAUL
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2014, 09:25:41 AM »
"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
    • Auktion Online
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2014, 09:38:46 AM »
The question for me is why Rand Paul would bother to pen an attack on Perry when Perry's attack on him never really appeared on the radar.  There will be plenty of opportunities for Paul to respond and differentiate himself on foreign policy without bringing attention to a rival who has very low voter share at this point.  Plus, a lot of this is just petty. 

I intend to support Rand Paul in the primary.  For him to succeed he must be a uniter.  This piece reeks of politics.  Rand Paul should be above that.  He could have written more about a vision of America as a force in the world based on our strength and moral authority, both of which have eroded significantly under Obama.  Instead he argues minutia with Rick Perry.

Rand, take my advice and model yourself after Thomas Jefferson.  That is what the nation yearns for right now.
"She only coughs when she lies."

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2014, 09:55:02 AM »

I intend to support Rand Paul in the primary.  For him to succeed he must be a uniter.  This piece reeks of politics.  Rand Paul should be above that.  He could have written more about a vision of America as a force in the world based on our strength and moral authority, both of which have eroded significantly under Obama.  Instead he argues minutia with Rick Perry.

Rand may be the smartest guy in the room, but making sure everybody knows that never won an election.

Perry may not be a genius like Rand, but he connects with average voters by framing arguments in terms they can agree with.

It's a liberal tactic (e.g. Clintoon & Bambi) to cast pols as uber-intelligent 'leaders' or bumbling idiots, mostly because their voters are so stupid...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2014, 09:55:22 AM »
Starting off with a crack about Perry's glasses smacks of childishness to me. Rand - like most Republicans - needs to grasp that intra-party squabbles only aid the enemy (Obama and the Democrat party).
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2014, 01:41:15 AM »
There were a neat little litmus test for candidates back in the late 60's.

a/ would you go for a beer with this person?
b/ would you let this person babysit/house sit?
c/ would you buy a used car from this person?

It's crude, but effective.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline aligncare

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2014, 06:28:52 AM »
Just speculating, but maybe the senator didn't write this. Wasn't there a speech on the Internet recently that was supposedly given by Rick Perry that turned out not to be, and was in fact phony? Maybe this editorial is phony. Sure doesn't sound like Rand Paul.
NeverTrump wants to deny you YOUR voice, YOUR presidential choice.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
    • Auktion Online
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2014, 07:54:38 AM »
Just speculating, but maybe the senator didn't write this. Wasn't there a speech on the Internet recently that was supposedly given by Rick Perry that turned out not to be, and was in fact phony? Maybe this editorial is phony. Sure doesn't sound like Rand Paul.

It is real.  It is being discussed on MSM outlets like Fox News.
"She only coughs when she lies."

Offline aligncare

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2014, 08:21:08 AM »
It is real.  It is being discussed on MSM outlets like Fox News.

I thought Rand Paul was smarter than this.

Politics is a fine profession, except for one thing. It's lousy with politicians.
NeverTrump wants to deny you YOUR voice, YOUR presidential choice.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf