Author Topic: Holder: Terrorist Bomb Partnership Gives US 'Extreme, Extreme Concern'  (Read 649 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/holder-bomb-terror-partnership/2014/07/13/id/582363/

Newsmax
Holder: Terrorist Bomb Partnership Gives US 'Extreme, Extreme Concern'
Sunday, July 13, 2014 06:48 PM

By: Greg Richter

New intelligence reports indicate that Yemeni bomb-makers are joining terrorists in Syria to build new types of virtually undetectable bombs, says Attorney General Eric Holder.

Appearing Sunday on ABC's "This Week," Holder called the prospect "more frightening than anything I think I’ve seen as attorney general ... This is a situation that we can see developing. And the potential that I see coming out, the negative potential I see coming out of the facts in Syria and Iraq now are quite concerning."

Urgent: Do You Approve of Obama's Handling of Foreign Policy? Vote Here

Urgent: Do You Approve of Obama's Handling of Foreign Policy? Vote Here

The Yemen-based bomb-builders, including Saudi native Ibrahim Hassan al-Asiri, were behind the underwear-bomb plot in 2009 and have traveled to Syria to meet with members of the Islamic State (ISIS), the group that has declared a caliphate in parts of Syria and Iraq.

"It's something that gives us really extreme, extreme concern," Holder said in the pre-recorded interview in London, where he was attending meetings with European officials on security.

The Transportation Security Administration announced last Sunday that certain overseas airports would begin requiring passengers on some U.S.-bound flights to turn on cell phones and other electronic devices before they would be allowed onboard. Holder indicated that rule was based on the information received about the Yemini bomb-makers and the Islamic State.

"This is not a test," Holder said. "We’re doing something in reaction to things that we have detected."

About 7,000 people with American or European passports have joined the fighting on behalf of the Islamic State, and officials fear they may attempt to return and carry out acts of terrorism in the West.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

Obama has funded the Syrian terrorists, and thus their bombmaking activities, so how truly concerned could Holder be?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline GourmetDan

Do I detect a smidgen of 'racial animus' in Holder's comments?

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

It's unsettling that the first thing you think of when hearing this is that the administration is providing themselves a "See?  we warned you, but there was nothing we could do to stop them" moment.

How has this been able to get this far?  (rhetorical, of course)
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline flowers

Holder Voices ‘Extreme Concern’ About Terrorist Bomb Makers
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2014, 04:36:40 pm »
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/14/world/middleeast/holder-expresses-concern-about-terrorist-bomb-makers.html?_r=1

WASHINGTON — Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. expressed “extreme, extreme concern” on Sunday over reports that bomb makers from Yemen responsible for the 2009 underwear-bomb plot are now in Syria cooperating with foreign militants there, possibly to develop new, nearly undetectable explosive devices.

“That’s a deadly combination, where you have people who have the technical know-how along with the people who have this kind of fervor to give their lives in support of a cause that is directed at the United States and directed at its allies,” he said in an interview taped in London for the ABC News program “This Week.”

Offline flowers

Re: Holder Voices ‘Extreme Concern’ About Terrorist Bomb Makers
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2014, 04:37:52 pm »
Then after the interview was over Holder said, I have got to get back to work making a example of a guy with a outhouse parade float.  :smokin:

Offline musiclady

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2014, 08:19:57 pm »
Then after the interview was over Holder said, I have got to get back to work making a example of a guy with a outhouse parade float.  :smokin:

You know what's scary about this?

You're most likely right because this administration's priorities are never about our security, but rather their own racist agenda.

I'm just praying that we survive Obama and his gang of thugs.......
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2014, 08:25:31 pm »
You know what's scary about this?

You're most likely right because this administration's priorities are never about our security, but rather their own racist agenda.

I'm just praying that we survive Obama and his gang of thugs.......

Power is only interesting in one thing, and that is maintaining and expanding itself where ever possible.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates