Author Topic: Nancy Pelosi May Never Recover From This Epic Megyn Kelly Smackdown  (Read 393 times)

rangerrebew

Nancy Pelosi May Never Recover From This Epic Megyn Kelly Smackdown

Author:  Editor

Posted: July 11, 2014

Comments: 3

Fox News’ Megyn Kelly on Thursday was not pleased about Rep. Nancy Pelosi’s (D-CA) remarks about the Supreme Court’s hotly debated Hobby Lobby decision.

Essentially, this was Pelosi’s argument:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4P3IkdA7Iw

“We should be afraid of this court, that five guys [are] determining what contraceptives are legal or not.

That court decision was a frightening one that five men should get down to the specifics of whether a woman should use a diaphragm and she should pay for it herself or her boss. It’s not her boss’s business.”

But Megyn Kelly, as you can see above, was not very happy…

First of all, the gender of the justices in the Hobby Lobby majority is totally irrelevant. Miss Pelosi’s reference to it is obviously an attempt to stoke resentment. When Roe v. Wade was decided it was all men in the majority. Does Miss Pelosi think those justices were ill-equipped to fairly decide that case? Or is it only when a judge disagrees with Miss Pelosi that his gender is an issue?

If speaker John Boehner made a similar comment about the female Supreme Court justices, Nancy Pelosi would be crying ‘sexism,’ and that’s what she is guilty of here.

Moreover, the five men in the Hobby Lobby majority did not – I repeat, did not – ‘determine what contraceptives are legal,’ nor did they ‘get down to the specifics of whether a woman should use a diaphragm.’ What a gross misrepresentation.

News flash: all birth control that was legal before this decision remains legal today. The high Court simply found that a religious freedom law, which was co-sponsored by none other than – wait for it – Nancy Pelosi, sometimes protects corporations from being forced to violate their religious beliefs. She co-sponsored the law that gave them that right.”

And…

“No one ruled those contraceptives were illegal, and the diaphragm was never even discussed. It wasn’t even one of the birth control forms at issue, which Miss Pelosi should really know since she famously promised us that after Obamacare was passed, at some point, we’d know what was in it.”

Ouch! That will leave a mark.

Read more: http://www.thepoliticalinsider.com/nancy-pelosi-may-never-recover/#ixzz37IDgQyC3
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 09:42:41 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline musiclady

Re: Nancy Pelosi May Never Recover From This Epic Megyn Kelly Smackdown
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2014, 11:42:43 pm »
Nancy Pelosi May Never Recover From This Epic Megyn Kelly Smackdown

I certainly hope not.

It's one of the dumbest and most deceitful things I've ever heard anyone say.    **nononono*
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

rangerrebew

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2014, 09:47:43 pm »
I certainly hope not.

It's one of the dumbest and most deceitful things I've ever heard anyone say.    **nononono*

We ARE talking about democrats here, there are, and will be, many more to choose from.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2014, 12:13:02 am »
We ARE talking about democrats here, there are, and will be, many more to choose from.

Indeed.

We're talking about a deep, deep pool of dumbness.     :smokin:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.