Author Topic: UAW decides to skip election and form union at VW anyway  (Read 815 times)

Offline flowers

UAW decides to skip election and form union at VW anyway
« on: July 12, 2014, 05:22:58 pm »
http://hotair.com/archives/2014/07/12/uaw-decides-to-skip-election-and-form-union-at-vw-anyway/

I just returned from another trip to Tennessee where I was able to catch up with a few folks from the Volkswagen plant in Chattanooga and see how things were developing. The conversations there had shifted quite a bit from earlier in the year when the vote regarding UAW unionization was raging, and recent reports make it clear that the big auto union isn’t going to be content with licking their wounds from their recent loss. As Ed reported back in April, the UAW had withdrawn their request for a hearing before the National Labor Relations Board, which some saw as a sign that the fight was pretty much over.

But from what I was hearing, union organizers weren’t looking at things that way at all. There was talk of going ahead and forming an “informal” bargaining unit anyway. And now it looks like they are making it officially unofficial.

Five months after the United Auto Workers (UAW) failed in its bid to unionize Volkswagen’s Chattanooga, Tenn., manufacturing plant, the union is giving it another go. But this time, they’re not bothering with the traditional election route.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: UAW decides to skip election and form union at VW anyway
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2014, 07:38:55 pm »
Terminate the employment of anybody that professes to be a member or representative of said "union".
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald