Author Topic: Christians should marry Muslims to tackle Islamophobia, says peer  (Read 459 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/487577/We-should-encourage-Christians-to-marry-Muslims-to-tackle-Islamophobia-says-peer

Christians should marry Muslims to tackle Islamophobia, says peer
CHRISTIANS should be encouraged to marry Muslims as a way of tackling Islamophobia, a senior peer claimed today.
By: Owen Bennett - Political Reporter
Published: Tue, July 8, 2014

Lord Scott, a former Supreme Court Judge, cited his own family - in which two of his four children married Muslims - as an example of how interfaith families can thrive.

The peer, who sits as a crossbencher in the Lords, made the comments during a debate on how to improve relations between the Muslim community and other faith groups in the UK.

He said:  “Of my two sons one has become a Muslim and of my two daughters one of those has become a Muslim, and I have 12 lovely grandchildren, seven of whom are little Muslims.

He added: “The family relationships since those events took place have been as happily familial, as close and as good as any parent or grandparent could wish.

“I do just wonder that if an improvement is needed between the faith groups, one way of promoting that might be to encourage interfaith marriages.”

Responding for the Government, Baroness Warsi said: “It’s important that we allow people to marry somebody of their choosing whatever faith they belong to, and that’s why I’m incredibly proud that the Government has done so much work on the issue of forced marriages, including criminalising a practice which should have been criminalised a long time ago.”
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
Re: Christians should marry Muslims to tackle Islamophobia, says peer
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2014, 07:12:25 pm »
Wait until his kids or grandchildren have their heads cut off in an "honor" killing.

And notice none of the Muslims converted to Christianity which is how it always is.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 07:13:44 pm by Atomic Cow »
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline raml

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2014, 04:06:41 am »
No way I would never accept a Muslim into my family. As a Christian I draw the line at Satan's cult. Any other religion I could tolerate but wouldn't exactly celebrate.

Offline olde north church

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2014, 06:36:58 am »
A s s h o l e knows no social boundaries.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2014, 03:27:13 pm »
It's one thing to have your son develop a relationship with a  nice Muslim girl in college and they decide to get married. Despite your opposition, there would be a little hope in you that learning more about Christianity, she may convert. Several thousand Muslims become Christians each year.    It's something completely different, as a christian parent" (small c) to encourage your kids to marry Muslims.   You would really have to question your faith. 

This is the type of thinking that comes out of these (small c) christian churches. I'm going to an aunt's funeral later today at a United Church that on their web site displays a gay rainbow flag that flies over the church, that has transcendental meditation classes, and allow Buddhist worship services one day a week.   Something very foreign to me as a life long Christian. And as a Christian I should have a Christ-like compassion for these people, but tossing out the fundamentals of Christianity to be more acceptable to them is to me wrong. 
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 03:47:34 pm by NavyCanDo »
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2014, 04:32:59 am »
Lord Scott is a bit on the dim side, making a blown 7 Watt light bulb look like the sun. He got kicked upstairs for his increasingly erratic rulings (we have a mechanism to do that - sad but pragmatic).
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Oceander

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2014, 04:43:13 am »
Lord Scott is an idiot; however, one of my father-in-law's sisters married a muslim - a guy from Pakistan who became a doctor - back in the day when it was really frowned upon (she's in her 70s now), and her kids aren't all jihad-and-all-that.  So it's more complicated - sort of the way most of life is more complicated than most theory.

Offline Sarge

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2014, 06:21:24 am »
This is like trying heroin in an attempt to kick your cocaine habit
RIP Chopper 5-7-13 to 1-19-16
Hail 새 새끼  2-25-2020 - Present