Author Topic: The Liberal War on Conservative Minorities  (Read 327 times)

rangerrebew

The Liberal War on Conservative Minorities
« on: July 12, 2014, 11:41:36 am »

The Liberal War on Conservative Minorities

By Onan Coca   / 12 July 2014   / 0 Comments   

"America does not have a labor shortage.

With roughly 7 million people unemployed, and double that number discouraged from seeking work, the removal of employer sanctions [on hiring illegals] threatens to add additional U.S. workers to the rolls and drive down wages.

Moreover, the repeal of employer sanctions will inevitably add to our social problems and place an unfair burden on the poor in the cities in which most new immigrants cluster—cities which are already suffering housing shortages and insufficient human needs services."

Coretta Scott King and the Black Leadership Forum , 1991

When I talk race and politics with liberal or liberal leaning friends I have to be very careful. They generally come into the conversation with preconceived notions about Republicans, though knowing me personally, they know I’m no racist. Sadly, even though they know me, the media has so corrupted their mindset that any conservative argument is taken straightaway as proof of some underlying and even hidden racism.

So when I say something like – “I believe that conservative principles would be better for African-American society than liberal ones…” their first reaction is usually surprise.

black repubsI believe conservative principles are best for EVERYONE, not just African-Americans or white Americans or Latino-Americans or any other hyphenated or non-hyphenated group. I simply believe conservative values, principles and beliefs to be superior… which is why I personally hold to them.

But my being conservative automatically makes liberals suspicious of me… especially since I also happen to be non-white. I cannot recount the numerous times I’ve been called a sellout to “my people” or someone who wasn’t “truly” Latino because of my conservative beliefs. (By the way… who are “my people??”I’m an American. Why do liberals presuppose that I must hold an allegiance to other Latino’s over what I believe to be best for America?)

As tough as I’ve had it, conservative blacks have had it worse.

As I pointed out above, Coretta Scott King has some very conservative beliefs… but no one dares call her a traitor to her people. Other black conservatives have not fared so well, though.

Recently, liberal pundit, Keli Goff, writing for the Daily Beast, took up the cause of marginalized conservative African-Americans and called out the liberal hypocrisy on the subject. She cites numerous examples of racist attacks on black Republicans that simply go uncovered by the media, while similar examples of racism toward black Democrats is reported on breathlessly..

It’s unfair, unjust and has helped to create a culture which believes Republican values to be racially motivated, and it’s just not true.

When asked if she (African-American Florida Republican Gloreatha Scurry-Smith) believes race-based political attacks on black conservatives are treated less seriously than ones on other black Americans, she replied, “Of course, and you know that to be true yourself because you haven’t seen this story on liberal media channels or moderate [ones].”

To her point, there is regular coverage of Republicans accused of making racially biased remarks, whether they are nationally recognized figures, or merely local candidates and officials. I should know, having covered a number of such incidents.

But while the Republican National Committee has regularly denounced such incidents—even when the organization has no direct ties to the individuals involved—prominent Democrats and Democratic organizations rarely face similar pressure. This helps confirm Steele’s theory that attacks on black Republicans are not taken seriously by media.

“When the [Republican] Party tries to call attention to it basically the press just yawns,” Steele said.

The entire piece by Goff is well worth the read and ends with a particularly strong quote from NAACP spokesperson Hilary Shelton, who decries racially motivated attacks from both sides of the political aisle.

“It’s just unacceptable regardless of who did it and who it’s being done to,” Shelton said. “We have a political process that is best served when we at least listen to and observe what every candidate stands for rather than this petty, childish approach of defacing signs and even evoking racial implications.”

Read more at http://eaglerising.com/7305/liberal-war-conservative-minorities/#JtWcbccwDDq27REJ.99

Oceander

Re: The Liberal War on Conservative Minorities
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2014, 01:00:58 pm »
/snicker

Then why are hundreds of thousands of long-distance truck driving jobs going unfilled?  Or are those just more jobs that Americans don't "do"?