Author Topic: She Wanted To Be a Flower Girl, But She Needed a Wedding  (Read 334 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
She Wanted To Be a Flower Girl, But She Needed a Wedding
« on: July 16, 2014, 11:20:56 am »
Got a problem with me posting something what made me smile?

The 4-year-old girl stood in the hallway of the City Clerk's office, holding a lime-green poster with an offer written in marker that was impossible to resist.

"Can I be your flower girl?"

Annabelle Earl, a hopeful romantic from the New York City borough of Brooklyn, had heard about the joys of being in a wedding party from her baby-sitter's daughter.

She, too, wanted to be a pint-size petal pusher and she knew she had what it takes: a long, fancy dress and a bouquet of pretty posies.

What she didn't have was a wedding.

But Annabelle had moxie. And even better than that, she had a mom who was willing to get creative when it came to making a dream come true.

Back in April, Kim Earl had taken Annabelle to Washington, D.C., where they visited Yoko Ono's "Wishing Tree" in a Smithsonian sculpture garden. Annabelle walked up to it and whispered her heart's desire.

"Then she said to me, 'Can I tell you what I wished for?' I said of course and she said, 'I wished for a rainbow unicorn for a pet, a real one,'" her mother recalled.

"I said, 'Sweetie, those aren't real. You can't have that.' And she was devastated."

Some other options were discussed and Annabelle decided that if she couldn't have a rainbow unicorn she would like to be a flower girl.

There was only one problem.

Read more - and do it. http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/she-wanted-be-flower-girl-she-needed-wedding-n155631
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: She Wanted To Be a Flower Girl, But She Needed a Wedding
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2014, 12:58:58 pm »
No problem here. That's actually pretty clever.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024