Author Topic: The BBQ joint where NO ONE cuts the line... except Obama: Controversy as President becomes the first person ever to jump ahead at restaurant where customers can wait three hours  (Read 869 times)

Offline flowers

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2688080/Wheres-beef-Obama-flashes-sad-wad-1-bills-accidentally-revealing-credit-card-number-fumbles-trying-pay-Texas-restaurant.html

The president visited some Austin eatery Franklin Barbecue on Thursday
The line at Franklin can stretch several hours long, but Mr Obama skipped straight to the front of the line
Owner Aaron Franklin says no one is allowed to cut the line at his restaurant, but he made an exception for the president
Mr Obama paid for the order of the father and daughter who were waiting ahead of him
Spent more than $300 on brisket, ribs, sausage and turkey to feed the legions on Air Force One
Paid for the order with black credit card after awkwardly taking out a stack of dollar bills 

Online mountaineer

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.

Online massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
    • Auktion Online
What was OPapaDoc'd plurality in Austin?  Three to one, maybe?  So once again, he screws his own constituents.  But not to worry.  All will be forgiven once the spinmeisters are done covering it with gushing customers announcing how proud they were to be in the line cut by their one and only messiah.

I live an hour from this place when I am at my Texas winter home, and I can tell you it is delicious but not worth a three hour wait.  Most of the line is tourists.  The locals know where there is better BBQ cheaper, and without the wait. 
"She only coughs when she lies."

Offline katzenjammer

I honestly can't say I've ever encountered food worth waiting two hours for, never mind the "three, four, and even five hours long" mentioned.

My limit is usually the "20 minutes" the hostess may quote (which usually translates to about 40-45 minutes of actual waiting!).

Online Fishrrman

Title:
[[ The BBQ joint where NO ONE cuts the line... except Obama: Controversy as President becomes the first person ever to jump ahead at restaurant where customers can wait three hours... ]]

I don't care HOW good the food there may be -- anyone who would wait in line three HOURS for a meal, is just plain stupid...

Offline raml

Offline speekinout

Standing in line for 3-5 hours for anything is beyond me. I never did that for any celebrity idols, hit shows, President's Day sales, or whatever else makes people camp out. I can understand people doing that to get their kids into decent schools, but that's the only reason I can think of to stand in line that long.
Are there snack machines and portapottys for the people who have to stand in line that long?

Online DCPatriot

Title:
[[ The BBQ joint where NO ONE cuts the line... except Obama: Controversy as President becomes the first person ever to jump ahead at restaurant where customers can wait three hours... ]]

I don't care HOW good the food there may be -- anyone who would wait in line three HOURS for a meal, is just plain stupid...

LOL!   It adds a little context to the Yogi Berra line..."Nobody goes there anymore.  It's too crowded!" 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - Iowahawk

Offline flowers

The locals know where there is better BBQ cheaper, and without the wait.
May I ask the name of the place? 

Online massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
    • Auktion Online
May I ask the name of the place?

Most people would have to waterboard me first, but just between us try Micklethwait or Keith's. 
"She only coughs when she lies."

Offline NavyCanDo

A hacker worth his weight is  already trying to make purchases with Obama's credit card.   Want to fast-track ID theft, flash your card in a photo all over the web. Even the fuzzy photo is easy pickings for some of these talented ID theft criminals. 
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
I wonder if Obama could jump the line at The Crab Cooker.

It is not uncommon to see patrons waiting in lines snaking down the street. These lines once elevated The Crab Cooker to national headlines when advance staff for then President Richard Nixon once asked Mr. Roubian to allow the president to be seated for dinner, and Mr. Roubian informed them that the president would have to wait along with rest of the folks (he says any president would have gotten the same treatment).

Offline flowers

Online mountaineer

Online DCPatriot

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - Iowahawk

Online mountaineer

Offline GourmetDan

Mr Obama paid for the order of the father and daughter who were waiting ahead of him

Typical Bambi.

Should have paid for the people *behind* him since he cut them...

« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 09:36:28 AM by GourmetDan »
"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf