Author Topic: Texas gunman accused of slaughtering his ex-wife's family COLLAPSES in court as capital murder charges are read to him  (Read 453 times)

Offline flowers

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2688956/Houston-gunman-accused-slaughtering-ex-wifes-family-COLLAPSES-court-capital-murder-charges-read-him.html

Police in Houston, Texas, arrested 33-year-old Ron Lee Haskell on Wednesday night after a tense stand-off at a suburban cul-de-sac
Haskell had to be removed from Houston courtroom in a wheelchair after collapsing during his first appearance before a judge Friday
Haskell charged with shooting dead six members of the same family
Shot dead his victims 'execution-style' in the back of the head after they refused to tell him where his ex-wife was
Lone survivor Cassidy Stay, 15, lost a finger trying to shield her head from a bullet
She played dead until Haskell left and phoned 911 to alert authorities
Haskell and his wife Melanie Kaye Haskell were married in 2002 in California
They separated in June 2013 and a divorce decree was issued in February
Granted joint custody of their four children, ranging in age from 3 to 11

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Pity he didn't have a heart attack. I'm sure that no one in the court room knows CPR or how to dial 911.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline mountaineer

That's one guy I wouldn't hurry to catch if he fell.  **nononono*
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Oceander

someone with some serious mental issues.

Offline raml

He is a murderer. I have been a victim of domestic violence so don't tell me it is just mental issues it is more than that. My ex had an IQ of over 180 he knew right from wrong and he went bi polar at 40 which can happen to people with high IQ's but therapists told me that the violence didn't come from his being that but from his tendency to always feel he is right and was willing to beat me into his way of thinking. I was married 20yrs before he started beating me but before that I had learned to mostly go along with whatever he said due to not wanting him to start yelling which probably wasn't to smart of me since when I did finally did say no to something he wanted he went ballistic over something as simple as how I kept my kitchen organized or why I wouldn't can more tomatoes when we had more than we could eat for a few years already. The man who killed his ex's family is just a plain old murderer. I ended up leaving the state I lived in after divorcing my ex because he continued to harass me and back then the law did nothing to help. I knew he would never leave his great job at Fords he was a higher up executive to pursue me so I left mine and went across the country from him.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
 **nononono* Damn, raml - that were rough. Least you had the strength and courage to get out, thankfully. Nicely done!

I think petty evil is the worst. Everyone can be mean or nasty or thoughtless at times, sure, we're people. But petty evil is something you feel silly complaining about. It seems so small and insignificant. The guy is not going out and committing genocide, he's just verbally abusing you for not putting the plates in the right order in the draining rack.

It's like a steady, relentless drip of water. I do sometimes wonder how many people who "just snapped" one day were the victims of this petty evil.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Oceander

He is a murderer. I have been a victim of domestic violence so don't tell me it is just mental issues it is more than that. My ex had an IQ of over 180 he knew right from wrong and he went bi polar at 40 which can happen to people with high IQ's but therapists told me that the violence didn't come from his being that but from his tendency to always feel he is right and was willing to beat me into his way of thinking. I was married 20yrs before he started beating me but before that I had learned to mostly go along with whatever he said due to not wanting him to start yelling which probably wasn't to smart of me since when I did finally did say no to something he wanted he went ballistic over something as simple as how I kept my kitchen organized or why I wouldn't can more tomatoes when we had more than we could eat for a few years already. The man who killed his ex's family is just a plain old murderer. I ended up leaving the state I lived in after divorcing my ex because he continued to harass me and back then the law did nothing to help. I knew he would never leave his great job at Fords he was a higher up executive to pursue me so I left mine and went across the country from him.

I'm glad you got out; too many people don't.  Sounds like he was a narcissist as well.  I'm not in the least saying "blame the mental illness" but I am saying that mental illness is almost always a factor.  The point being that someone who exhibits certain kinds of mental issues - narcissism combined with bipolar is a recipe for disaster.  Narcissists are bad enough all on their own, but if you throw in a bipolar-induced psychotic break to the upside, then you've got a walking, talking disaster.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 01:04:13 pm by Oceander »