Author Topic: Your tax dollars are hard at work … editing the ‘Horse head mask’ page on Wikipedia  (Read 454 times)

Offline flowers

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/wp/2014/07/10/your-tax-dollars-are-hard-at-work-editing-the-horse-head-mask-page-on-wikipedia/

Apparently, congressional staffers don't have enough work to do, because they're editing Wikipedia pages for the most pressing issues of our time -- including (but not limited to) horse head masks.

On Wednesday, someone with an IP address (a unique number assigned to devices accessing the Internet on a network) linked to Congress updated the "Horse head mask" Wikipedia page to include this essential detail: "On July 8th, 2014, [[President Barack Obama]] shook hands with a man wearing a horse head mask in [[Denver]]."

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Am I the only one wondering what is going on with the Secret Service in all this? What you think of Obama aside, there have been two major lapses in security for the President of the US in the past week.
1. Letting someone wearing a mask this close (ie SS has trouble identifying or determining intentions). One of the SS guys in that photo seems obviously concerned, but how did it get to this point in the first place?
2. Letting someone openly using a narcotic come right up to the president and offer him some (yes, legal in Denver but still something security would usually be cautious about).

Was this the SS being lapse? Were these incidents 'planned' with SS approval as some sort of photo-op (make President appear hip)?  Other?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 05:15:26 pm by AbaraXas »

Offline flowers

Am I the only one wondering what is going on with the Secret Service in all this? What you think of Obama aside, there have been two major lapses in security for the President of the US in the past week.
1. Letting someone wearing a mask this close (ie SS has trouble identifying or determining intentions). One of the SS guys in that photo seems obviously concerned, but how did it get to this point in the first place?
2. Letting someone openly using a narcotic come right up to the president and offer him some (yes, legal in Denver but still something security would usually be cautious about).

Was this the SS being lapse? Were these incidents 'planned' with SS approval as some sort of photo-op (make President appear hip)?  Other?

I was going to post what is wrong with the SS to let the horse head get so close to him? How could anyone tell what was under that mask. Did they check him first and the mask as well?  comes to mind the guy at I forget the name funeral. They let obma close to him and he was a known loon.

Offline mountaineer

Were these incidents 'planned' with SS approval as some sort of photo-op (make President appear hip)? 
It's hard to imagine that Zero ever has an unscripted moment. Not sure how this makes him look hip (or the pool playing, for that matter) - but it must make sense to President Jarrett.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Oceander

They almost certainly were staged.

Offline SlapLeather

Up to and including martyrdom.  Real or staged.  It will be the ultimate crisis.  It will not be wasted.

Offline olde north church

Up to and including martyrdom.  Real or staged.  It will be the ultimate crisis.  It will not be wasted.

He'll be carrying his own cross until a troop of Brownies suffering from a variety of childhood diseases will offer to carry it.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.