Author Topic: 'Sleepy' Obama going through the motions By Rick Moran  (Read 540 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
'Sleepy' Obama going through the motions By Rick Moran
« on: July 11, 2014, 02:33:22 pm »
http://americanthinker.com/assets/3rd_party/printpage/?url=http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2014/07/sleepy_obama_going_through_the_motions.html

July 11, 2014
'Sleepy' Obama going through the motions
By Rick Moran

Some remarkable - and frightening - photos of President Obama that show just how disengaged he's become. As crisis at home and around the world mount, the president is withdrawing and making it plain to those willing to see that the presidency doesn't interest him anymore.

Peggy Noonan's July 4 op-ed in the Wall Street Journal laid out the case for the president's apparent ennui:

In a truly stunning piece in early June, Politico's Carrie Budoff Brown and Jennifer Epstein interviewed many around the president and reported a general feeling that events have left him—well, changed. He is "taking fuller advantage of the perquisites of office," such as hosting "star-studded dinners that sometimes go on well past midnight." He travels, leaving the White House more in the first half of 2014 than any other time of his presidency except his re-election year. He enjoys talking to athletes and celebrities, not grubby politicians, even members of his own party. He is above it all.

On his state trip to Italy in the spring, he asked to spend time with "interesting Italians." They were wealthy, famous. The dinner went for four hours. The next morning his staff were briefing him for a "60 Minutes" interview about Ukraine and health care. "One aide paraphrased Obama's response: 'Just last night I was talking about life and art, big interesting things, and now we're back to the minuscule things on politics.' ''

Minuscule? Politics is his job.

When the crisis in Ukraine escalated in March, White House aides wondered if Mr. Obama should cancel a planned weekend golf getaway in Florida. He went. At the "lush Ocean Reef Club," he reportedly told his dinner companions: "I needed this. I needed the golf. I needed to laugh. I needed to spend time with friends."

You get the impression his needs are pretty important in his hierarchy of concerns.

Yesterday, Reuters released two photos of the president meeting with Governor Rick Perry. As Perry and his people sat with serious looks on their faces waiting to discuss the crisis at the border, the president is seen yucking it up with his aides.

continued....
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline GourmetDan

Re: 'Sleepy' Obama going through the motions By Rick Moran
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2014, 02:35:58 pm »

Position at the table is important.  Bambi isn't close to or directly across from Perry.  He is at the end, far away.

Perry realizes this is all a joke to Bambi and his expression shows it...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2014, 02:38:22 pm »
Later, the president had a photo op with a young woman who wrote to him last year about the plight of her parents who had both lost their jobs. The meeting took place in a diner and the president appeared drowsy and disinterested during the meeting.

Probably toked on a little hooter on the way over...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2014, 08:39:36 pm »

Geez, will this white chick ever shut up? I really could use some Doritos.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2014, 08:54:30 pm »
#NotInterestedInPhotoOps

:smokin: