Author Topic: Outrage as Australian judge says incest is becoming more socially acceptable  (Read 646 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Australia. They want Austin's motto.

The NSW Attorney General has referred Judge Garry Neilson to the NSW Judicial Commission after he suggested there was nothing wrong with incest because of the availability of birth control and abortion.

This comes after child abuse victim groups called for Judge Neilson to be sacked and for all decisions he has made to be reviewed.

In the case of a woman who had allegedly been sexually abused by her older brother when she was 10 and 18 years old, Sydney judge Garry Neilson said the abuse she suffered as an adult did not need to be considered in relation to the abuse she suffered as a child because by that time she had been 'sexually awoken', the Sydney Morning Herald reported.

Advocacy groups say the Attorney General should reconsider Judge Garry Neilson's appointment to the bench
+4

Advocacy groups say the Attorney General should reconsider Judge Garry Neilson's appointment to the bench

Judge Neilson told Daily Mail Australia: 'My comments were taken completely out of context, I think it's a fabrication'.

But on Friday NSW Attorney General Brad Hazzard said he would refer Judge Neilson to the Judicial Commission of NSW.

'I was extremely concerned to read the comments of His Honour Judge Garry Neilson in regard to his views on incest,' Mr Hazzard said in a statement.

Bravehearts founder Hetty Johnston has sent letters to the Attorney General and the Chief Justice of NSW calling for Judge Neilson's sacking and demanding a review of all the decisions he has made
+4

Bravehearts founder Hetty Johnston has sent letters to the Attorney General and the Chief Justice of NSW calling for Judge Neilson's sacking and demanding a review of all the decisions he has made

'In my view the community would be rightly appalled at his reported comments.

'Incest is completely reprehensible, unacceptable, disgusting and criminal.'

Mr Hazzard said he would also be writing to The Chief Judge of the District Court to request that Judge Neilson is removed from undertaking any criminal trials until the Judicial Commission has dealt with 'the necessary processes it must undertake'.

Judge Neilson made the comments in the case of a 58-year-old western Sydney man who is charged with repeatedly sexually abusing his younger sister at the family home in 1981.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2686825/Victims-groups-outraged-judges-claim-incest-socially-acceptable-availability-abortion-contraception.html
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Oceander

what a doozy!