Author Topic: Obama to GOP Senator: If I Secure the Border, You Won’t Pass Amnesty  (Read 270 times)

rangerrebew

- FrontPage Magazine - http://www.frontpagemag.com -

Obama to GOP Senator: If I Secure the Border, You Won’t Pass Amnesty

Posted By Daniel Greenfield On July 10, 2014 @ 10:07 am In The Point | 12 Comments

I don’t understand why so many people call Obama a compulsive liar. Clearly he can be honest. In private.

Here’s a little flashback from four years ago of Obama having a brief moment of private honesty.

On June 18, 2010, Arizona Republican Senator Jon Kyl told the audience at a North Phoenix Tea Party town hall meeting that during a private, one-on-one meeting with President Obama in the Oval Office, the President told him, regarding securing the southern border with Mexico, “The problem is, . . . if we secure the border, then you all won’t have any reason to support ‘comprehensive immigration reform.’” [Audible gasps were heard throughout the audience.] Sen. Kyl continued, “In other words, they’re holding it hostage. They don’t want to secure the border unless and until it is combined with ‘comprehensive immigration reform.’”

Sen. Kyl also said he reminded President Obama that the President and the Congress has an obligation, a duty, to secure the border.

Obama doesn’t do obligation or duty. He does what he wants. And what he wants is a whole lot of illegal aliens.

Comprehensive immigration reform has always been a poison pill. The border crisis got much worse once Republicans showed signs of failing to move on amnesty.

Now Obama is pushing unilateral amnesty to pressure the GOP into voting for amnesty. That was always the plan.

In Obamanesty, I wrote last year that,

It wasn’t just the 2012 election that stampeded Republicans into backing amnesty. Winning a majority of the Latino vote would not have put Romney in the Oval Office. Instead the real trigger was Obama’s unilateral implementation of the DREAM Act by executive order. Within some Republican circles, the perception was that Obama would implement amnesty either way and their only chance to control its scope and claim some of the credit for it was by getting out in front of the existing amnesty proposals.

It seems insane, but it’s also how Washington DC works. Given a choice between a series of piecemeal amnesties that Obama would control and own from start to finish… and an amnesty that they could have some claim on, a number of Republicans chose to back an Obama plan from his first term, rather than allow him to implement his own plan by executive order.

So Obama is upping the ante. Border security is never going to happen, but Republicans are being given a choice between passing Obama’s amnesty or protesting against Obama’s amnesty.

Article printed from FrontPage Magazine: http://www.frontpagemag.com

URL to article: http://www.frontpagemag.com/2014/dgreenfield/obama-to-gop-senator-if-i-secure-the-border-you-wont-pass-amnesty/

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
[[ Obama to GOP Senator: If I Secure the Border, You Won’t Pass Amnesty ]]

Article IV, Section 4:
"The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government, and shall protect each of them against Invasion"

By the quote above, Obama has revealed that he is intentionally refusing to carry out his Constitutional obligation to "protect each of [the States] against invasion".

Nothing could be more clear-cut that this in itself constitutes an impeachable offense.

This goes beyond "political partisanship" to cut to the core of a president's Constitutional obligations -- and it should be obvious to most Americans (at least the Euro-Americans) that he is deliberately trying to flood the country with aliens.

In a poll posted here yesterday, no less that 60% of Americans state that these invaders should be sent home. That's all the more amazing considering many of those polled probably get their news from "the mainstream media". I sense that as more facts are revealed about the border crisis, more Americans will actually be open to considering whether Obama should be removed from office.

But this goes beyond removing only Obama from office -- it removes Valerie Jarrett, as well, for we know that -she- is the "person behind the policies" in this administration.

Honestly -- how could Joe Biden be "worse" for the country, than this?