Author Topic: Kerry, ministers to join Iran nuclear talks in Vienna: official  (Read 318 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
(Reuters) - U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry and foreign ministers from the six powers negotiating with Iran on its nuclear programme will travel to Vienna this weekend to help break the logjam in the talks, a senior Western official said on Thursday.

"I can tell you that Kerry will be in Vienna this weekend, probably on Saturday," the official told Reuters on condition of anonymity.

Kerry has scheduled bilateral meetings with fellow ministers on Sunday, he said. Another diplomat confirmed the travel plans.

A French diplomatic source said Foreign Minister Laurent Fabius would arrive on Sunday for the talks.

Iran and the powers - the United States, France, Germany, Britain, Russia and China - aim to reach a long-term deal to end the decade-old nuclear standoff by a July 20 deadline. Many diplomats and analysts believe an extension may be needed in view of the wide gaps in negotiating positions.

Read more: http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/07/10/us-iran-nuclear-idUSKBN0FF1LV20140710

Slow Joe wasn't available, I take it? I feel safer already.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
Re: Kerry, ministers to join Iran nuclear talks in Vienna: official
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2014, 09:56:07 pm »
John Fing Kerry, (D. Viet.), ripe from his latest Foreign Policy triumph in Israel, Gaza and the West Bank......

He needs to be careful that the IDF doesn't decide he is as big a threat to Israel as Hamas is......someone may drop a house on him.....

:smokin: