Author Topic: Ted Cruz Doesn’t Echo Sarah Palin’s Impeachment Call  (Read 981 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Ted Cruz Doesn’t Echo Sarah Palin’s Impeachment Call
« on: July 10, 2014, 03:47:16 pm »
http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/382342/ted-cruz-doesnt-echo-sarah-palins-impeachment-call-joel-gehrke

Ted Cruz Doesn’t Echo Sarah Palin’s Impeachment Call
By Joel Gehrke
July 9, 2014 4:24 PM

Senator Ted Cruz (R., Texas) chose not to echo Sarah Palin’s call for House Republicans to impeach President Obama, though he reiterated his belief in the “lawlessness” of the president.

“That is a decision for the House of Representatives,” Cruz told National Review Online when asked if he agrees with Palin. ”I serve as the ranking member of the Constitution Subcommittee of the Senate Judiciary Committee, and, in that capacity, I have been working hard to describe in comprehensive detail the lawlessness of President Obama and the Obama administration. We’ve put out a series of reports about the consistent pattern of this administration disregarding the law, refusing to enforce the law, unilaterally changing the law — which is utterly unprecedented and is a profound threat to individual liberty.”

Cruz didn’t make it explicit, but his comments on impeachment contained a reminder that Senate Democrats would never vote to remove Obama.

“It ought to be a bipartisan concern,” he continued. ”Anyone who believes in the constitutional checks and balances should be dismayed about a president who claims the authority to pick and choose which laws to follow and which to ignore. Sadly, Senate Democrats have not demonstrated the courage of being willing to stand up to their own president. And indeed Harry Reid is President Obama’s chief enabler by preventing the Senate from engaging in any meaningful oversight or holding the president accountable for his lawlessness.” 
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline kevindavis007

Re: Ted Cruz Doesn’t Echo Sarah Palin’s Impeachment Call
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2014, 04:14:24 pm »
I have a feeling some heads are going to explode.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2014, 04:39:11 pm »
Cruz is talking publicly more, and more like a politician.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2014, 04:40:31 pm »

True, but he is right...
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2014, 04:46:28 pm »

He is because he's looking ahead at 2016.  Palin isn't.  Not particularly a fan of Cruz, but he's right.  Take all the shots at Obama you want, but don't turn him into a victim.  It didn't work with Clinton and it won't work with Obama.  Keep the light focused on the Administration screw-ups.  Besides, think of who would replace Obama should he have to leave office...
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2014, 04:49:51 pm »
He is because he's looking ahead at 2016.  Palin isn't.  Not particularly a fan of Cruz, but he's right.  Take all the shots at Obama you want, but don't turn him into a victim.  It didn't work with Clinton and it won't work with Obama.  Keep the light focused on the Administration screw-ups.  Besides, think of who would replace Obama should he have to leave office...
The professional politicians get this right, and some of the amateurs don't.

Sorry people, but Ted won't be entertaining today. That is Sarah's only job.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Oceander

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2014, 04:58:23 pm »

Absolutely.  Firstly, focus on the future, not the past; Obuttocks will be in the past soon enough, the rest of the democrat party, especially H. Clinton, will not.  Anyone for President "big effing deal" Biden?

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2014, 08:17:10 am »
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/07/10/boehner-rebuffs-palin-on-obama-impeachment-call-sticks-with-lawsuit/
http://www.stwnewspress.com/opinion/x611406870/PAT-BUCHANAN-Impeachment-talk-is-a-bridge-too-far

Looks like Sen Cruz, the GOPe, and Pat Buchanan(?) agree.  Even though the GOPe has loudly denounce the imperial president and his numerous unconstitutional actions, now IS NOT the time to recognize the Congress's Constitutional power and duty to impeach.

Oh, what a sad day for liberty.  Senator Cruz does not have the guts to put his political aspirations aside and speak out against the LAWLESS tyrant Obama.  Some conservatives might call that compromising his principles, freedom of speech...even his sworn duty to "support and defend the Constitution."

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2014, 08:31:29 am »
Meh - I call it remembering what happened when it were tried on Clinton. That sort of went no where, lead to Hillary being Senator then SoS and the presumptive Dem presidential candidate.

You want Michelle to have the same (lack of) career arc?
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2014, 09:08:44 am »
You want Michelle to have the same (lack of) career arc?

Of course not.  My post was absolutely dripping with sarcasm.  I think asking the House to sacrifice itself in the name of conservatism is a pretty crappy thing for a Senator to do when he knows full well the Senate won't commit to it.  This time I agree with Senator Cruz's inconsistent principles.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2014, 09:41:28 am »
It were early - ish when I responded to that.

We need a sarc emoticon, badly.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline olde north church

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2014, 11:45:36 am »
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/07/10/boehner-rebuffs-palin-on-obama-impeachment-call-sticks-with-lawsuit/
http://www.stwnewspress.com/opinion/x611406870/PAT-BUCHANAN-Impeachment-talk-is-a-bridge-too-far

Looks like Sen Cruz, the GOPe, and Pat Buchanan(?) agree.  Even though the GOPe has loudly denounce the imperial president and his numerous unconstitutional actions, now IS NOT the time to recognize the Congress's Constitutional power and duty to impeach.

Oh, what a sad day for liberty.  Senator Cruz does not have the guts to put his political aspirations aside and speak out against the LAWLESS tyrant Obama.  Some conservatives might call that compromising his principles, freedom of speech...even his sworn duty to "support and defend the Constitution."

Discretion is the better part of valor.  Or something like that.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2014, 02:50:00 pm »
My thoughts on this:

I agree with what Ted Cruz said.  We all agree that Obama is lawless and that is impreachable and that it is the House that would do that.  We all know that the Senate is never going to go along with it. 

I used to think impeachment was a "big" thing, Nixon resigned rather than go through it.  But after Clinton was impeached and then still went on "presidenting", I think of it as a meaningless gesture - style over substance.  There are plenty of reasons to impeach Obama, but it would be a distraction and what would it accomplish if he just stays in office and he and no one else has to pay REAL penalties for breaking the law?  Impeachment is too good for Obama!

Sarah Palin is correct when she says Obama is a candidate for impeachment - and her base likes to hear her be tough and direct like that.  She can say it and it won't "hurt" her.  Ted Cruz realized that when he stuck his neck out and was tough and direct, that his party didn't have his back, in fact, they were aiming at it.  Add to that, he saw that the media was doing a Palinization of him - turning him into a joke - further enabled by the GOPe (which was terrified by Cruz).  I'm sure he does have larger political aspirations, and like Rand Paul, has astutely recalculated his political approach to get to the place he wants to be.  I don't think that is a bad thing if you are still keeping your eyes on target and not compromising your principles to do it.  But again, I agree with what Cruz said, so I don't think he has compromised his integrity - he is being smart.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!