Author Topic: Ann Coulter calls on Chris McDaniel to give up  (Read 560 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Ann Coulter calls on Chris McDaniel to give up
« on: July 10, 2014, 02:19:07 pm »
http://dyn.politico.com/printstory.cfm?uuid=54730212-7F44-4952-AFF8-5D427E52B06D

Ann Coulter calls on Chris McDaniel to give up
By: Jonathan Topaz
July 10, 2014 06:20 AM EDT

Ann Coulter is urging tea party challenger Chris McDaniel to concede in the Mississippi Senate Republican primary.

In an op-ed in the Jackson Clarion-Ledger, the conservative commentator said McDaniel supporters who are fighting to contest the June 24 runoff election results against Sen. Thad Cochran are hurting the GOP — and McDaniel’s own political future.

“Some McDaniel supporters can’t think about anything but winning this one primary,” Coulter wrote on Thursday night. “They don’t care that they’re gambling with a Republican majority in the Senate — or destroying McDaniel’s future prospects.”

After a contentious and at times ugly primary campaign, McDaniel, a tea party favorite, lost a runoff election to the incumbent Cochran. The Mississippi Republican Party certified on Monday that Cochran won by 7,667 votes.

But McDaniel and some other conservatives have cried foul, alleging widespread voter fraud in the contest and accusing some in the Cochran camp of criminal activities. Republican Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas called for an official investigation into the race given “serious allegations of voter fraud.”

Yet Coulter said McDaniel’s supporters’ task to overturn the ruling would be nearly impossible, noting that they would have to prove not only that more than 7,000 ballots were invalid, but that all those individuals voted for Cochran. “Good luck with that,” she wrote.

Coulter also said that a prolonged investigation would hurt McDaniel’s career, making him look like a sore loser instead of a gracious one concerned with the Republicans taking control of the Senate in November.

“Even in cases of actual vote fraud, history shows that the contesting politicians get branded as sore losers and destroy their political careers,” she wrote. “Better to be magnanimous and live to fight another day.”

Coulter alleged that several Republicans in modern political history had been prey to voter fraud, including South Dakota Sen. John Thune in his unsuccessful Senate bid in 2002, a race won by Democratic Sen. Tim Johnson and contested by conservatives for ballot tampering.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 02:19:26 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline flowers

Re: Ann Coulter calls on Chris McDaniel to give up
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2014, 05:55:24 pm »
There was a day when I used to like Ann.

Offline Millee

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2014, 07:30:27 pm »

I don't think anyone likes to hear Ann speak as much as Ann does.  She has that in common with Oblahblah. 

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2014, 07:23:07 am »
I hate Coulter when she is attacking policy I am in support of, but that is fortunately rare.  When it does happen that my ox is gored it is painful.  She is quick on her feet and acerbically witty.  I usually enjoy her style as well.  She is brutally direct in her attack. 

When she is skewering rats she is fully awesome.  And she is fearless.  How many conservatives would have the balls to go on Bill Maher's show?

She's not bad to look at either.  (I mean that in the most CIS privileged hetro-normative way possible)

I don't think she is always correct, but who is?  I think she is wrong on amnesty, she sometimes talks before she thinks about it, she goes for the punchline at the cost of a more convincing argument,  but she right on so much more.  TOS threw her overboard many years ago.  I'm sorry to see her so reviled here that she is compared to Obama.

http://www.businessinsider.com/top-conservative-books-2013-3?op=1
"Mugged: Racial Demagoguery from the Seventies to Obama" by Ann Coulter

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2012/09/25/we_play_barack_the_magic_negro_in_honor_of_ann_coulter_s_new_book
She has a new book called, Mugged: Racial Demagoguery from the Seventies to Obama. It is a typically hard-hitting and, at the same time, uniquely humorous book. You know Ms. Coulter. She pulls no punches whatsoever. She is afraid of no man, no woman, no dictator, no dictatorette.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2014, 10:57:19 am »
How many conservatives would have the balls to go on Bill Maher's show?
That's not a good thing. Ask Christine O'Donnell.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024