Author Topic: PAYBACK TIME: ‘No-Go’ areas in Leicester for Muslim women wearing full face-covering headbags  (Read 434 times)

rangerrebew

Jul

PAYBACK TIME: ‘No-Go’ areas in Leicester for Muslim women wearing full face-covering headbags

It’s about time Muslims get a taste of what it feels like to be a non-Muslim in a ‘no-go’ Muslim neighborhood in Britain. Muslim women who wear a full-face veil say there are ‘no-go’ areas in Leicester which they feel frightened to visit – even in a car. (Good. Go back to Saudi Arabia) They claim they are subjected to abuse every day and that it is getting increasingly difficult to avoid such incidents in the city centre. (Then leave)

Leicester Mercury  The revelations are contained in a new book by two criminology lecturers at the University of Leicester. More than 100 Leicester-based Muslim women were interviewed over a 12-month period for the book, called Islamophobia, Victimisation and the Veil.

One woman who took part in the study told the Mercury: “People feel free to have a pop at us every day. “They swear, stare, spit and tell us to go home. They call us terrorists.” (You could be) The woman, who did not want to be named, said: “There are areas in Leicester we don’t go to, even in a car. “It is also becoming more difficult to wear the headbag in the city centre. I don’t go in any more unless I really have to.”

The woman added: “I am as British as anyone. We follow the football and the tennis at home. My boys try to make a joke of it calling me ‘Ninja mum’. “We had thought that if we ignore it, it would go away. It hasn’t.” (It’s you who needs to go away…to a muslim country)

The book was written by Dr Irene Zempi and Neil Chakraborti. Dr Zempi wore a niqab for a month to understand what her interviewees experienced. “Attitudes to me changed over night,” she said. “People were abusive and threatening, and where previously shop assistants were friendly, they simply ignored me. “I did not want to go out and I became depressed.” (Stay home, no one wants to see you walking around in your black garbage bag)

She added: “The level of abuse that participants faced depended upon whether they were in their local community or whether they were leaving their ‘comfort zone’. “Some participants referred to ‘no-go zones’ for Muslims in Leicester such as the traditionally white areas of Braunstone, Beaumont Leys, Saffron Lane, New Parks, Hamilton and even Leicester city centre.”

One woman said she had tea thrown at her and another said she was elbowed in the stomach when pregnant. A 36-year-old quoted in the book said: “It is worse elsewhere, but there are racist people even in Leicester. (Islam is NOT a race)

“We moved to Leicester because it’s a safer community here. It’s better for our children as well. Leicester is more tolerant, but there is still Islamophobia.” (That’s because muslims make a neighborhood unsafe for everyone else)

Another woman, who moved to Leicester from Holland, says in the book: “We are a bit more sheltered here, but no matter how diverse a place is, it’s always going to happen.” Another added: “I don’t understand why everyone says Leicester is safe. It’s much easier to do niqab in Birmingham.” (Virtually a muslim ghetto)

Shaista Gohir, chair of the Muslim Women’s Network UK, who studied at De Montfort University, said: “I would urge women to report all incidents of abuse. I am sure that there is underreporting of such issues. “When I was a student in Leicester 25 years ago we were told to avoid those areas which have been mentioned if we had a brown skin. The veil and the head scarf were very rare then.

“It appears that attitudes in those areas have not changed.”

http://www.barenakedislam.com/2014/07/10/payback-time-no-go-areas-in-leicester-for-muslim-women-wearing-full-face-covering-headbags/

A police spokeswoman said there had been 11 instances of religiously-based abuse aimed at women in the past year. There had also been one incident of a man removing a woman’s veil. (ONLY 11?)
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 11:39:21 am by rangerrebew »

Offline olde north church

sniff-sniff, we just want to be like everybody else, sniff-sniff
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
A police spokeswoman said there had been 11 instances of religiously-based abuse aimed at women in the past year. There had also been one incident of a man removing a woman’s veil. (ONLY 11?)

I can believe only 11. Leicester is on the edges of what we consider the North. Where women get respected and protected. Consider the North of England to be more like Texas or the South in general attitude. Except it's far less friendly.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
I can believe only 11. Leicester is on the edges of what we consider the North. Where women get respected and protected. Consider the North of England to be more like Texas or the South in general attitude. Except it's far less friendly.

Take a walk through Watts in LA sometime.....little has changed there since the sixties.....

Offline GourmetDan

It won't be serious till moslem men avoid No-Go areas...

« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 09:45:33 pm by GourmetDan »
"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan