Author Topic: Despite State of the Union Address Obama Stills Pays Female Staff Less than Male Staffers  (Read 344 times)

rangerrebew

Despite State of the Union Address Obama Stills Pays Female Staff Less than Male Staffers

Posted 59 mins ago by Dave Jolly Filed under Ethics, Jobs, Liberal Hypocrisy, Politics

There is one quality that Barack Obama is very gifted at – lying. He lies so often and with a straight face that it’s easy for someone to believe what he’s saying.

He stood before the American people and swore an oath to uphold the US Constitution and the laws of the land knowing he was going to violate as many as possible. He promised the American people that the Affordable Care Act would lower the cost of healthcare and health insurance, knowing full well that his plan would cause a significant increase in every aspect of healthcare. In 2012 Obama promised over and over that he would not raise taxes on the middle and lower class segments of America knowing that Obamacare contained dozens of tax increases that impacted the middle and lower classes.

The list of his lies goes on and on, but there is one that he is repeating for the sole purpose of winning over women voters. In his State of the Union address, Obama told the nation:

"Today, women make up about half our workforce. But they still make 77 cents for every dollar a man earns. That is wrong, and in 2014, it's an embarrassment. A woman deserves equal pay for equal work. She deserves to have a baby without sacrificing her job."

Recent White House salary data reveals just how much of a liar and hypocrite Obama really is. The data shows that female staffers earn about 13% less than male staffers. Female staffers also received lower raises and fewer promotions than male staffers.

When it came to White House staff promotions, 46 men received promotions between 2013 and 2014 and only 41 female staffers received promotions during the same period. Male White House staffers that were promoted received an average of 24.4% pay increase. Female White House staffers that were promoted only received an average of 18.5% pay increase.

Female White House staffers did exceed the male staffers in one area – turnover. During the 2013 to 2014 year, 88 female staffers left the White House and only 77 male staffers left. This figure surprised me as I would expect most people to cling to a White House job merely for the prestige, but to realize that Obama lost 165 staffers in one year has to speak volumes at how they are treated by the First Family.

Last week, White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest was asked about the gender salary inequality in lieu of Obama pushing the issue nationally. He responded:

"I wouldn’t hold up the White House as the perfect example here."

"We still have more work to do at the White House."

What is so hard about paying female staffers the same as their male counterparts? If Obama expects the rest of the nation to do what he says about paying women the same as me, then he needs to lead by example and do it. The gender inequality that still exists in the White House sends the message of ‘do as I say, not as I do’ to the rest of the nation. So why should the nation’s employers do what Obama wants them to do when he doesn’t do it himself?

Read more at http://godfatherpolitics.com/16219/despite-state-union-address-obama-stills-pays-female-staff-less-male-staffers/#MdQJGf97eZUjsljQ.99