Author Topic: Senate Democrats unveil legislation to reverse high court's Hobby Lobby ruling  (Read 337 times)

Offline flowers

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/211700-democrats-unveil-bill-to-reverse-hobby-lobby-ruling

Senate Democrats introduced legislation on Wednesday to effectively reverse the Supreme Court’s decision last week exempting employers from having to provide insurance coverage for contraception.

ADVERTISEMENT
The law would not allow for-profit corporations to seek exemptions from the Affordable Care Act’s mandate that their health plans cover contraception costs. Religious institutions would still be able to opt out.

“Our bill simply says that your boss cannot get between you and your own healthcare,” Sen. Patty Murray (D-Wash.), the bill’s chief sponsor told reporters.

“Last week, we saw the Supreme Court give CEOs and corporations across America the green light to design legally mandated healthcare coverage for their employees. Women across the country are outraged,” she said.

Sen. Mark Begich (D-Alaska), a cosponsor who is in the midst of a tough re-election contest, said over 60,000 women in Alaska who use birth control would be impacted by the decision in Burwell v. Hobby Lobby Stores.

“I can tell you [during] my trip I just returned from in Alaska, this was the topic,” he said. “Women are talking about this issue as an impact to their lives, their livelihood and their economic security.”

Offline sinkspur

Dead in the House.

Way overhyped, but the "war on women" is all they've got.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline GourmetDan

“Our bill simply says that your boss cannot get between you and your own healthcare,” Sen. Patty Murray (D-Wash.), the bill’s chief sponsor told reporters.

The boss has to go, just make sure he leaves his wallet...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan