Author Topic: Republicans choose Cleveland for 2016 convention  (Read 987 times)

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Republicans choose Cleveland for 2016 convention
« on: July 08, 2014, 05:12:57 pm »
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/republicans-choose-cleveland-2016-convention-site/story?id=24467358

I'm on my phone so I don't really know how to post on it.  Anyway I just heard that they have  Cleveland for their convention.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Oceander

Re: Republicans choose Cleveland for 2016 convention
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2014, 05:28:31 pm »

Offline musiclady

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2014, 07:43:58 pm »
I hope that OWS goons don't try to blow up any bridges.

This is a little close to home......    :smokin:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2014, 01:55:46 am »
This is a terrible choice.

Cleveland is a dying city, like most of them skirting the Lakes.

Chances are, the Pubbies aren't going to win Ohio again.

They should have at least chosen a city in a red state.

Then again, Republican "choices" as of late haven't been very good ones, in any case...

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2014, 02:09:19 am »

Then again, Republican "choices" as of late haven't been very good ones, in any case...

Nonsense.  Ever been down to The Flats after a  Browns game??  Cleveland knows how to throw a party.....

Offline musiclady

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2014, 02:37:25 am »

Ohio most certainly will go Republican again.

Without the IRS and rampant voter fraud we would have gone for Romney in 2012. The county I live in is a microcosm of the state, and without fraud, we went for both McCain in 08 and Romney.

And we have a Republican Governor and state senate.

All we need is a strong candidate in 2016.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2014, 02:49:34 am »
Nonsense.  Ever been down to The Flats after a  Browns game??  Cleveland knows how to throw a party.....

The Indians beat the Yankees tonight.

Bet there's one whale of a party in Cleveland going on right now.   :beer:

Offline Relic

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2014, 03:55:04 am »

I have to strongly disagree.
First, Ohio is a purple state, not a blue state. Any chance for exposure in an area with voters who can be swayed is a good thing. The residents of inner city Cleveland are surely hardcore Democrats, but the suburbs range from purple to red cities. Beachwood, Shaker Heights, even Parma.
Second, you must have never been to Cleveland, or if you have, it hasn't been recently. Cleveland is building a medical mart / convention center. It has the Indians for sports entertainment. There is the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame, and the Science Center. The natural history museum is top shelf. The orchestra is also very good. In close proximity is the Pro Football Hall of Fame, (Canton 45 miles south), and Blossom Music Center, an outdoor amphitheater, (Akron 35 miles south). The Flats are interesting, but a little thread bare. Edgewater park has been revitalized and is nice. Great Lakes brewing company is a great place for a meal, and you can see the back bar with bullet holes from Elliot Ness.

Cleveland was a good choice.

Oceander

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2014, 03:55:30 am »
Cleveland Rocks!!

Offline musiclady

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2014, 12:19:13 pm »
I have to strongly disagree.
First, Ohio is a purple state, not a blue state. Any chance for exposure in an area with voters who can be swayed is a good thing. The residents of inner city Cleveland are surely hardcore Democrats, but the suburbs range from purple to red cities. Beachwood, Shaker Heights, even Parma.
Second, you must have never been to Cleveland, or if you have, it hasn't been recently. Cleveland is building a medical mart / convention center. It has the Indians for sports entertainment. There is the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame, and the Science Center. The natural history museum is top shelf. The orchestra is also very good. In close proximity is the Pro Football Hall of Fame, (Canton 45 miles south), and Blossom Music Center, an outdoor amphitheater, (Akron 35 miles south). The Flats are interesting, but a little thread bare. Edgewater park has been revitalized and is nice. Great Lakes brewing company is a great place for a meal, and you can see the back bar with bullet holes from Elliot Ness.

Cleveland was a good choice.

Totally agree.

Thank you!