Author Topic: Exclusive—Sarah Palin: 'It's Time to Impeach' President Obama  (Read 4950 times)

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
Sarah Palin
Breitbart - Big Government
July 8, 2014

Enough is enough of the years of abuse from this president. His unsecured border crisis is the last straw that makes the battered wife say, “no mas.”

Without borders, there is no nation. Obama knows this. Opening our borders to a flood of illegal immigrants is deliberate. This is his fundamental transformation of America. It’s the only promise he has kept. Discrediting the price paid for America’s exceptionalism over our history, he’s given false hope and taxpayer’s change to millions of foreign nationals who want to sneak into our country illegally. Because of Obama’s purposeful dereliction of duty an untold number of illegal immigrants will kick off their shoes and come on in, competing against Americans for our jobs and limited public services. There is no end in sight as our president prioritizes parties over doing the job he was hired by voters to do. Securing our borders is obviously fundamental here; it goes without saying that it is his job.
More

Offline flowers

Re: Exclusive—Sarah Palin: 'It's Time to Impeach' President Obama
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2014, 04:54:08 pm »
Be quite Sarah. I really liked you at one point. You are just irritating now a days. This is what bammy wants. It will help surge his base.

Oceander

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2014, 05:29:06 pm »
Be quite Sarah. I really liked you at one point. You are just irritating now a days. This is what bammy wants. It will help surge his base.

absolutely agree

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2014, 05:41:40 pm »
I don't find her irritating, but I do think she'd be wiser not to utter the "i" word until after the election.  That's the trouble with media personalities.  It's imperative in their line of work to be ahead of the curve, and so they often pounce on issues before they are "ripe." 

Oceander

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2014, 05:58:59 pm »
I don't find her irritating, but I do think she'd be wiser not to utter the "i" word until after the election.  That's the trouble with media personalities.  It's imperative in their line of work to be ahead of the curve, and so they often pounce on issues before they are "ripe." 

impeachment of Obama will never be ripe, and it's the heighth of irresponsibility for someone like Palin to be pimping for it - unless, of course, she's deemed herself no longer particularly relevant any more.

Offline speekinout

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2014, 06:07:31 pm »
This is probably just another part of her audition to be one of the hosts on The View. I can't imagine they'll ever pick her, but comments like this one really do get attention. I think she's given up on politics and wants to be a tv star now.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2014, 06:08:25 pm »
impeachment of Obama will never be ripe, and it's the heighth of irresponsibility for someone like Palin to be pimping for it - unless, of course, she's deemed herself no longer particularly relevant any more.

I think impeachment will be discussed quite openly, even by the GOP leadership, after the 2014 election. 

Oceander

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2014, 06:16:19 pm »
I think impeachment will be discussed quite openly, even by the GOP leadership, after the 2014 election. 

Then the GOP is really unserious about winning the presidency in 2016, or of even keeping the seats it gains in the 2014 elections.  As far as can be seen, there will never be bipartisan support for impeaching Obuttocks and as this article - Watchmen in the Night:  the House Judiciary Committee’s impeachment inquiry of Richard Nixon - from the UT Library's digital repository makes clear, impeaching Obuttocks (or any other president) without bipartisan support would be seen as the ultimate partisan fiasco and as seriously detrimental to the Constitution.

The fact that the GOP seems to have not learned this lesson from the Clinton debacle is frightening.

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2014, 06:19:55 pm »
Stick a fork in her. She's done. 

Oceander

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2014, 06:22:11 pm »
Stick a fork in her. She's done. 

a little overdone by now

Offline Relic

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2014, 06:22:23 pm »
How does this get to be branded an "exclusive"? I think Sarah Palin is a nice woman, but she has no official position, no clout, and a relatively small following of devoted worshipers.

This is like getting whipped up if someone like Larry O'Donnell said Cheney should be arrested.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2014, 06:25:27 pm »
The fact that the GOP seems to have not learned this lesson from the Clinton debacle is frightening.

I seem to recollect GWB got elected in 2000.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2014, 06:26:52 pm »
Then the GOP is really unserious about winning the presidency in 2016, or of even keeping the seats it gains in the 2014 elections.  As far as can be seen, there will never be bipartisan support for impeaching Obuttocks and as this article - Watchmen in the Night:  the House Judiciary Committee’s impeachment inquiry of Richard Nixon - from the UT Library's digital repository makes clear, impeaching Obuttocks (or any other president) without bipartisan support would be seen as the ultimate partisan fiasco and as seriously detrimental to the Constitution.

"What me worry?"
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Oceander

Offline Relic

« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2014, 06:34:04 pm »

And again in 2004.  :pondering:

I had a vacation with my best friend, a union type Democrat moderate, (he actually does vote Republican sometimes). He complained of the same things that we do. Republicans stand for nothing. Vote for a Republican, and you have no earthly idea what they will do. He said Republicans used to stand for business, lower taxes, small government. Now... well, neither one of us could define a Republican. My friend has proven to be an excellent barometer of the mood in Ohio.

THAT is the Republcan problem, and why 2014 won't be a run away. Even though we're encouraged to vote establishment types who are the poster children for having no idea what you're getting, because winning is what matters. I think winning comes after you define yourself and stick to your own definition.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 06:34:30 pm by Relic »

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2014, 06:35:33 pm »

He wouldn't have if Al Gore hadn't torpedoed his campaign with his anti-gun stance in West Virginia and his home state of Tennessee.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Relic

« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2014, 06:39:42 pm »
He wouldn't have if Al Gore hadn't torpedoed his campaign with his anti-gun stance in West Virginia and his home state of Tennessee.

IF... wow, you're really going there? If they hadn't ruled in favor of GWB in Florida?
Selected not elected?

Kerry would have beaten him if he wasn't swift boated?

My dad used to say, if the dog hadn't stopped to .... he'd have caught the rabbit.  :silly:

Oceander

« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2014, 06:44:32 pm »

With considerable assistance from the Supreme Court, if I recall, leaving a permanent question as to whether he would have been elected without that assistance.  The GOP also reduced its majority in the House to 3 seats and retained control of the Senate solely because Cheney was the VP.

I rather doubt the Clinton impeachment helped.

Oceander

« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2014, 06:47:08 pm »
And again in 2004.  :pondering:

I had a vacation with my best friend, a union type Democrat moderate, (he actually does vote Republican sometimes). He complained of the same things that we do. Republicans stand for nothing. Vote for a Republican, and you have no earthly idea what they will do. He said Republicans used to stand for business, lower taxes, small government. Now... well, neither one of us could define a Republican. My friend has proven to be an excellent barometer of the mood in Ohio.

THAT is the Republcan problem, and why 2014 won't be a run away. Even though we're encouraged to vote establishment types who are the poster children for having no idea what you're getting, because winning is what matters. I think winning comes after you define yourself and stick to your own definition.

And in 2006 the Democrats took over control of the House, giving them unfettered control of Congress.

GWB was re-elected without question in 2004 (as opposed to 2000), but that isn't particularly relevant here:  we aren't discussing whether the winner in the 2016 presidential election will manage to win a second term in 2020.  By 2004 Clinton's impeachment was 6 years old and wholly overshadowed by things like 9/11.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2014, 06:49:48 pm »
Conservatism needs to be resold, to voters that are far too young to have learned back when Reagan and others effectively sold it.

Sadly there seems to be little interest in that chore. When I have posted twice in the last week a challenge for each to convert one voter, it attracted zero attention.

Conservatives have mastered the interwebs, to cluster and huddle and moan and groan together. And to influence nobody whatsoever outside their circle.

Palin plays to that minority huddle.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Oceander

« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2014, 06:51:50 pm »
Conservatism needs to be resold, to voters that are far too young to have learned back when Reagan and others effectively sold it.

Sadly there seems to be little interest in that chore. When I have posted twice in the last week a challenge for each to convert one voter, it attracted zero attention.

Conservatives have mastered the interwebs, to cluster and huddle and moan and groan together. And to influence nobody whatsoever outside their circle.

I wish that wasn't so true, but it is.

Offline Relic

« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2014, 06:54:56 pm »

Well, first off, if you vote establishment Republican, you are not getting conservatism.
Secondly, the establishment Republicans have a hard time defining "vote for whatever brings us money" into a saleable package.

Oceander

« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2014, 06:58:47 pm »
Well, first off, if you vote establishment Republican, you are not getting conservatism.
Secondly, the establishment Republicans have a hard time defining "vote for whatever brings us money" into a saleable package.

I don't think truth_seeker's comment was intended to argue for voting for the GOP establishment, merely pointing out that conservatives - whether republican or not - have heretofor done a miserable job (to be charitable) of explaining to the ordinary, non-partisan, American what they stand for rather than simply yelling about what they're against.

Offline Relic

« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2014, 07:02:39 pm »
I don't think truth_seeker's comment was intended to argue for voting for the GOP establishment, merely pointing out that conservatives - whether republican or not - have heretofor done a miserable job (to be charitable) of explaining to the ordinary, non-partisan, American what they stand for rather than simply yelling about what they're against.

Agreed.
Conservatives say they stand for something, but don't explain it well.
Establishment types stand for nothing, and that needs little explanation.

Oh, and you shouldn't presume to speak for truth_seeker, he seems to enjoy throwing bombs as much as anyone.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 07:04:25 pm by Relic »

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2014, 07:10:59 pm »
Impeachment: A bridge too far
Pat Buchanan
WND
July 8, 2014

Increasingly, across this city, the “I” word is being heard.

Impeachment is being brought up by Republicans outraged over Barack Obama’s usurpations of power and unilateral rewriting of laws. And Obama is taunting John Boehner and the GOP: “So sue me.” ...

Any Republican attempt at impeachment would go up against a stacked deck. And the GOP would be throwing away a winning hand for a losing one...
More