Author Topic: Exclusive—Sarah Palin: 'It's Time to Impeach' President Obama  (Read 5002 times)

Offline Relic

Re: Exclusive—Sarah Palin: 'It's Time to Impeach' President Obama
« Reply #50 on: July 09, 2014, 05:53:05 pm »
Not true.
True of some Republicans, but not all.

Most?

Online mountaineer

« Reply #51 on: July 09, 2014, 06:14:51 pm »
Most?
I wouldn't know. I can speak only of what I know - something some people need to consider.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Oceander

« Reply #52 on: July 09, 2014, 08:22:41 pm »
I maintain that the failure to get political closure on Clinton benefited the GOP in 2000.  If there is widespread public outcry for impeachment, blocking it will be a political liability for the Democrats.  There is already a vast amount of discontent with OPapaDoc.  He is more unpopular than Carter.  Once irrefutable evidence of his crimes is public knowledge there will be public support for impeachment.  At that point, the GOP would benefit from pursuing it and forcing the Dems to block.

We aren't there yet, but we may be by this coming winter.

Thank you for making my point:  "If there is widespread public outcry for impeachment ..."

That there never will be.  Period.  Therefore impeachment of Obuttocks will never be even semi-rational.  It's a total, complete, utter waste of time, money, and scarce political capital to continue going on about an impossible impeachment.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #53 on: July 09, 2014, 08:24:37 pm »

Thank you for making my point:  "If there is widespread public outcry for impeachment ..."

That there never will be.  Period. 
If that is so, then the republic is lost.

If the American people are so ignorant as to not realize the blatant wrongdoing that has gone on here, then there is no hope for this country.

Period.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Oceander

« Reply #54 on: July 09, 2014, 09:59:54 pm »

If the American people are so ignorant as to not realize the blatant wrongdoing that has gone on here, then there is no hope for this country.

Period.

Failing to impeach Obuttocks is hardly the end of the world, let alone the country.  After 2016 Obuttocks will be history.  There's no point in spending - wasting - so much time and effort on him.  Time and effort should be spent on dealing with the democrat parasites who will still be around sucking the country's blood after the upcoming 2014 elections and then the 2016 elections.

In point of fact, impeaching Obuttocks would, as they say, suck all of the political oxygen out of the Congress and make it impossible to continue the investigations into the IRS, etc.  Losing those investigations would be a lot worse than not getting the chance to impeach Obuttocks.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #55 on: July 09, 2014, 10:12:01 pm »
Failing to impeach Obuttocks is hardly the end of the world, let alone the country.  After 2016 Obuttocks will be history.  There's no point in spending - wasting - so much time and effort on him.  Time and effort should be spent on dealing with the democrat parasites who will still be around sucking the country's blood after the upcoming 2014 elections and then the 2016 elections.

In point of fact, impeaching Obuttocks would, as they say, suck all of the political oxygen out of the Congress and make it impossible to continue the investigations into the IRS, etc.  Losing those investigations would be a lot worse than not getting the chance to impeach Obuttocks.

I agree.   

Eric Holder is the guy you have to remove......and then let him nominate another replacement....with a Republican House and Senate.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #56 on: July 09, 2014, 10:30:28 pm »
Aye, the end is near, because an entertainer has directed the time has come to impeach the President, with zero chance of completing said political action (takes 2/3 of the Senate).

The truth is Obama is a lame duck already, assuming the GOP takes the Senate, which is more likely without pointless talk of impeachment.

Politics is more difficult than it appears on the simple surface. Even the best and the heroes stumble (Reagan, Clinton Obama).

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #57 on: July 09, 2014, 11:09:46 pm »
Aye, the end is near, because an entertainer has directed the time has come to impeach the President, with zero chance of completing said political action (takes 2/3 of the Senate).

The truth is Obama is a lame duck already, assuming the GOP takes the Senate, which is more likely without pointless talk of impeachment.

Politics is more difficult than it appears on the simple surface. Even the best and the heroes stumble (Reagan, Clinton Obama).

The GOP will have enough votes to impeach in the Senate next January.

I understand not wanting to do it....but how much damage are we going to endure, running out the clock on this guy?
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #58 on: July 09, 2014, 11:16:46 pm »
The GOP will have enough votes to impeach in the Senate next January.

I understand not wanting to do it....but how much damage are we going to endure, running out the clock on this guy?
Are you telling me that the GOP will control 2/3 of the Senate after the November elections?

Because if you are, I want some of the stuff you are smoking.

Read "Process"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impeachment#Process

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #59 on: July 09, 2014, 11:19:44 pm »
The effect wasn't delayed - it is a not unreasonable position to take that GWB did not win the 2000 election - by 2006 the GOP had simply accumulated so many stupid pony tricks - like impeaching Clinton - that it essentially gave the democrats supermajority control of Congress in 2006.

And now, after having finally overcome a lot of that idiocy, the GOP wants to wade right back in there and do it again.

Impeachment does not happen unless there is bipartisan support for it and there will never be bipartisan support to impeach Obuttocks.  Not.  Ever.  Period.  Impeaching Obuttocks would be the surest way of guaranteeing that President Clinton will have a solid democrat-dominated Congress when she takes office Jan. 20, 2017.

Wrong on each and every count!

The Republicans were thrown out for one reason and one reason only! No one could tell them from the democrats they were sent there to replace!

And impeachment takes place in the House of Representatives! What might or might not happen in the Senate after that action has taken place should not be of any consideration what-so-ever to a member of the house who, acting on principle,  votes to impeach! 
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #60 on: July 09, 2014, 11:29:01 pm »
Are you telling me that the GOP will control 2/3 of the Senate after the November elections?

Because if you are, I want some of the stuff you are smoking.

Read "Process"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impeachment#Process

By that time, TS....there will be many Democrats who will cross over.   

Not ALL of them are traitorous bastards. 

Offline evadR

« Reply #61 on: July 10, 2014, 12:21:23 am »
"Not ALL of them are traitorous bastards."

ahem...shall we say 90% are?
These traitorous bastards stick together like glue.

Make that 95% and I challenge anyone to find the 5% that aren't.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #62 on: July 10, 2014, 12:37:22 am »
"Not ALL of them are traitorous bastards."

ahem...shall we say 90% are?
These traitorous bastards stick together like glue.

Make that 95% and I challenge anyone to find the 5% that aren't.

I believe most of them are cowered by fear.  Fear not only of loss of their career, but with this crew....their financial ruin and even their life.

Once the November elections are behind us, some will find the courage to speak out "ENOUGH!"

Offline evadR

« Reply #63 on: July 10, 2014, 12:57:40 am »
I believe most of them are cowered by fear.  Fear not only of loss of their career, but with this crew....their financial ruin and even their life.

Once the November elections are behind us, some will find the courage to speak out "ENOUGH!"
We'll see DC.
Meet ya back on this thread Jan 1, 2015.
:)

Offline speekinout

« Reply #64 on: July 10, 2014, 01:20:51 am »
And impeachment takes place in the House of Representatives! What might or might not happen in the Senate after that action has taken place should not be of any consideration what-so-ever to a member of the house who, acting on principle,  votes to impeach!

What good is impeaching 0bama if there's no hope of a conviction?
There are better ways to stand on principle, particularly using that time and effort to get some legislation actually passed. And that could be done with a simple majority in the Senate, which might well be the case after next Jan. 20th.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #65 on: July 10, 2014, 01:22:56 am »
What good is impeaching 0bama if there's no hope of a conviction?
There are better ways to stand on principle, particularly using that time and effort to get some legislation actually passed. And that could be done with a simple majority in the Senate, which might well be the case after next Jan. 20th.

The fact that you stood on principle and did what needed doing would speak VOLUMES in the long run!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline evadR

« Reply #66 on: July 10, 2014, 01:24:31 am »
Here's one towards that 5%.

Democratic congressman Henry Cuellar ripped President Obama for being "aloof" and "detached" by not visiting the Texas border to see first hand the immigration crisis. Cuellar made the comments on MSNBC:

Only 21 more to go...in the house.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 01:26:49 am by evadR² »

Offline speekinout

« Reply #67 on: July 10, 2014, 01:26:00 am »
The fact that you stood on principle and did what needed doing would speak VOLUMES in the long run!

I repeat, There are better ways to stand on principle. Using your time and energy to actually accomplish something is more meaningful than just empty bluster.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 01:26:39 am by speekinout »

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #68 on: July 10, 2014, 01:29:41 am »
Boehner is pursuing a sound course in his suing of the Executive at the Supreme Court. 

Impeachment would never get off the ground and instead ensure the Republicans being the minority party for many election cycles.  It will not go forward.  It will not.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #69 on: July 10, 2014, 01:31:23 am »
I repeat, There are better ways to stand on principle. Using your time and energy to actually accomplish something is more meaningful than just empty bluster.

So you say! I happen to disagree and doubt very much that that is going to change.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #70 on: July 10, 2014, 01:36:05 am »
http://www.mrctv.org/embed/128144
Look at those people behind Obama,  Wonder what they would say about impeachment proceedings?  Especially when 90% of the media would incessantly tell them what to think.  The debate would be protracted, lengthy, and end in disaster for the right. 
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #71 on: July 10, 2014, 01:46:35 am »
Run by us the House leaders of Clinton's impeachment proceedings. How did they benefit in the long run?

Bob Barr, Rogan, etc.

Did the GOP pick up or lose seats, in the very next election?

Offline olde north church

« Reply #72 on: July 10, 2014, 07:40:50 am »

Period.

It's not all ignorance but ambivalence and greed.  Got to get back to my MLM or franchise opportunity.  Hey, somebody needs to get these widgets from Madison to Milwaukee!
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #73 on: July 10, 2014, 01:11:23 pm »
Run by us the House leaders of Clinton's impeachment proceedings. How did they benefit in the long run?

Bob Barr, Rogan, etc.

Did the GOP pick up or lose seats, in the very next election?

Lost them! But the fact that you have bought in to the MSM spin that it was due to the Clinton impeachment does not make it so!! It was not!

Republicans ALWAYS loose when no one can distinguish the difference between them and the democrats!

« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 01:12:47 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline olde north church

« Reply #74 on: July 10, 2014, 01:38:00 pm »
Lost them! But the fact that you have bought in to the MSM spin that it was due to the Clinton impeachment does not make it so!! It was not!

Republicans ALWAYS loose when no one can distinguish the difference between them and the democrats!

I think both Barr (for a while) and Rogan (redistricting) were quite distinguishable from dems.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.