Author Topic: Is it Time to Declare War on Mexico?  (Read 353 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• America defending Veteran
  • TBR Contributor
Is it Time to Declare War on Mexico?
« on: July 08, 2014, 06:58:39 AM »
"Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports. In vain would that man claim tribute to patriotism who should labor to subvert these great pillars of human happiness -- these firmest props of the duties of men and citizens. . . . reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principles."
George Washington

"Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become more corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters."
Benjamin Franklin

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • Chief Dork
Re: Is it Time to Declare War on Mexico?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2014, 02:24:15 PM »

Online truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
    • The place where argument addicts can go
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2014, 02:38:56 PM »
How is it possible to cross an international border without any warning whatsoever?  Not even a sign saying Bienvenidos a Mexico?
The plight of the US serviceman would get more attention, if it wasn't buried eleven paragraphs into an unfocused rant in an obscure fringe media source.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • Chief Dork
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2014, 02:54:37 PM »
The plight of the US serviceman would get more attention, if it wasn't buried eleven paragraphs into an unfocused rant in an obscure fringe media source.

ok, but how did he manage to cross an international border unawares?  I'm not saying he isn't worthy of interest, I'm just curious.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2014, 03:22:39 PM »

ok, but how did he manage to cross an international border unawares?  I'm not saying he isn't worthy of interest, I'm just curious.

As far as I am aware, he missed the freeway exit he needed (last one before the border) and was not permitted to turn around at the border. You'd think there would be a turn around gap in the median at the border for precisely this circumstance. It's bound to happen from time to time - someone driving and not really paying attention to the signs.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2014, 03:51:48 PM »
The area was under construction and there was no sign at the time. My understanding, mostly from Greta, is that there is a sign there now.

I do not know what is going on with this in any way. I do not understand why Mexico is keeping him as a hostage, he is obviously not a criminal, nor do I understand why Obama continues to publically and openly snub him, in a real kind of 'screw you' way.

There has to be more to this on both sides than we know. All I see is total insanity. It may very well be that Obama and the Mexicans are 'saving' him for some extra dramatic 'release' during the elections.

With Obama and his crew nothing is about being a decent human being, everything is about politics and everyone is expendable.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2014, 09:16:53 PM »

Greta Van Susteren took a vehicle and made the trip, showing how easy it would be to miss the make-shift signs.  Then once you got in the lane to Mexico, there was no way to turn around because of the concrete barrier.

It looked like it would be easy to do what he did.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

May 3, 2016 - the day the Republican party left ME.  I am now without a Party, and quite possibly without a country.  May God have mercy!

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2014, 10:16:12 PM »

There has been endless coverage on exactly how he made this turn, and there are a number of videos out there that explain this very clearly.  In any case, this guy is rotting in a Mexican jail, and the Administration is depending on exactly the kind of lack of informed opinion like yours to give them cover and avoid having to take any real but embarrassing actions.

And in the meantime, Sgt. Abu Bob Bowe al Ameriki is getting three hots and a cot and plenty of liberty at the expense of the American taxpayer.

:smokin:
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 10:17:20 PM by Chieftain »

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • Chief Dork
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2014, 11:09:33 PM »
There has been endless coverage on exactly how he made this turn, and there are a number of videos out there that explain this very clearly.  In any case, this guy is rotting in a Mexican jail, and the Administration is depending on exactly the kind of lack of informed opinion like yours to give them cover and avoid having to take any real but embarrassing actions.

And in the meantime, Sgt. Abu Bob Bowe al Ameriki is getting three hots and a cot and plenty of liberty at the expense of the American taxpayer.

:smokin:

you must be singing soprano with your undies in that much of a twist.  I asked a simple, albeit lazy, question and - as I was at pains to make clear - was not, and am not, stating or implying that this gent deserves his fate.  If you don't feel like indulging my laziness, that's fine, just stop reading into it things that aren't there (and untwist your undies some, too).

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2014, 11:21:07 PM »
If we declare war on Mexico (again), we defeat them (again), and we take their land (again), will Cliven Bundy lay claim to grazing rights in Sonora?

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • Chief Dork
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2014, 11:29:36 PM »
If we declare war on Mexico (again), we defeat them (again), and we take their land (again), will Cliven Bundy lay claim to grazing rights in Sonora?

:bigsilly:

Where do I send the cleaning bill for cleaning up all the hot tea I just spewed all over my suit!?!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf