Author Topic: Obama's Professor: President 'Stretched the Law'  (Read 397 times)

rangerrebew

Obama's Professor: President 'Stretched the Law'
« on: July 07, 2014, 09:41:08 pm »

Obama's Professor: President 'Stretched the Law'

Monday, July 7, 2014 09:29 AM

By: Wanda Carruthers

President Barack Obama has "stretched the law," particularly in the area of privacy, the president's former instructor, Harvard constitutional law Professor Laurence Tribe, said on MSNBC.

Tribe said some Supreme Court decisions represented positions where the administration decided to defend "what proved to be the indefensible."

Vote Now:  Do You Approve Or Disapprove of President Obama's Job Performance?

"I think he's stretched the law in a number of areas, certainly with respect to privacy," Tribe told MSNBC's "Morning Joe" on Monday. "The most important ruling of the recent term is one that we are going to remember 10, 20, 30 years from now, and that's the decision about cell phone privacy."

The court ruled last month 9-0 that police officers usually need a warrant before they can search the cell phone of a suspect.

Tribe said he remembered the president well because he served as his main research assistant for three years. He said Obama was "unforgettable," and that, as a student, he "didn't see any limit to what he could achieve."

"I had no idea that it would be the presidency. But, I thought that this was a guy of enormous brilliance, ambition," Tribe said.

Obama also had "great charisma" and "got along with people," Tribe said. However, he said he didn't predict Obama would have "the difficulties that he's had with Congress."

http://www.newsmax.com/newswidget/Obama-Tribe-court-decisions/2014/07/07/id/581106/?promo_code=EACE-1&utm_source=GatewayPundit&utm_medium=nmwidget&utm_campaign=widgetphase1

« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 09:41:45 pm by rangerrebew »

Oceander

Re: Obama's Professor: President 'Stretched the Law'
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2014, 10:10:01 pm »
"stretched"??  Only if "stretched" includes "broke."