Author Topic: Poll: Americans Blame Bush, Not Obama, For Iraq's Current Chaos  (Read 2529 times)

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Poll: Americans Blame Bush, Not Obama, For Iraq's Current Chaos
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2014, 02:32:18 am »
truth_seeker wrote above:
[[ We trained Iraqi troops a great cost and time. And when they vastly outnumbered the opposition, they threw down their weapons and ran away, trying to get rid of their uniforms.
That has nothing to do with either Bush or Obma, but has to do with the futility of the delusion they will behave as "trained." ]]

Who was it, many years ago in reference to the Vietnamese, made the comment about "hearts and minds" ??

G.W. Bush isn't "to blame" for attempting with Iraq and Afghanistan the same approach that The West has used in previous times with other [non-islamic] countries throughout history.

Where G.W. Bush erred -- and nearly everyone else around him (and a large chunk of "conservatives", as well) -- was in believing that this tack would work in islamic countries.

I've written about this before, and I'll state it again:
The reason our efforts were destined to fail in both Iraq and Afghanistan (and I possibly was the first to point this out over at TOS when I was back there) is because it's pointless to overthrow "the leaders" of islamic nations. We accomplish nothing by replacing one of their "governments" with another.

The reason is that "the leaders" in dar al-islam aren't really the leader.

I realize that's a play on words that doesn't seem to make much sense. But the real "leader" in any islamic nation is not someone living, breathing, elected, chosen, or self-appointed.

Nope. The leader of islamic nations died over 1,400 years ago. Yet the populations of those countries still follow HIM first, and whoever happens to be "in power" second.

Regardless of what written documents govern the day-to-day business of islamic countries, the REAL "manual of operations" is a book written roughly 1,400 years ago by that long-dead person. So it is, and so it will ever be, so long as those nations remain "islamic".

That's why one of the first things the Iraqis did when they "wrote" a new Constitution, was to make islam "the state religion", as per that Constitution.

When I saw that, I knew from that point on that whatever "efforts" we (as a nation of The Judeo/Christian West) were futile there. What would eventually happen was but a matter of time, not certainty.

I don't know whether Mr. Bush (and those around him) even considered this. I sense the bulk of their prior historical training and attitudes were such that they never even stopped to consider it. But, as I've said here before, "reality is what it is; it is not what we believe it to be".

In Iraq and Afghanistan, G.W. Bush, his advisors, and many Americans ran straight up against such truth. It's not a rewarding or comforting notion to know that our time and effort there was, essentially, wasted -- as were the lives of those lost and maimed. But again, reality is what it is.

Bush & company believed it to be something else.

Truly, a matter of "hearts and minds".
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 02:39:40 am by Fishrrman »

Offline musiclady

« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2014, 02:34:45 am »
I don't believe he has handlers, or that he is a puppet. He has too much power in the position he has—without his position, and the ability to gain and hold onto it, his “handlers” would be powerless. I do, however, think he has collaborators.

You may be right about that.

But I do think he was groomed and prepared for years to take power because of his unique "qualities" (including his hardcore Marxism).

He had to have a lot of people greasing the wheels to allow him, as a completely unqualified, incompetent punk, to win the Presidency.

I'm not sure we'll ever fully know how that happened.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2014, 02:46:30 am »

I'm not sure we'll ever fully know how that happened.

The voting statistics make it pretty obvious how that happened. Young people wanted a hip young president that they could relate to, and who they believed would change the world for the better.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline musiclady

« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2014, 01:11:01 pm »
The voting statistics make it pretty obvious how that happened. Young people wanted a hip young president that they could relate to, and who they believed would change the world for the better.

That isn't the "how" I'm talking about.

I'm referring to years of choosing and preparing this Marxist punk to rip apart everything this country stands for.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2014, 02:25:56 pm »
We could have avoided all of the problems completely if we had never invaded Iraq unnecessarily in the first place. That said, I don't think Bush is to blame anyway, because I don't believe he was ever truly in charge. We probably would have invaded Iraq no matter who was in the White House at the time.

That's nutz, IMO.

Iraq was supposed to be where we plugged the " Bug Zapper" to attract jihadists of all stripes.  It was working and we gave the Iraqi citizen what was supposed to be...a stable government with a Constitution and fair elections.

Instead, due to Obama's wish to destabilize as many Middle Eastern countries as possible, we essentially gave many Iraqis a death sentence.

......nice.    :whistle:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2014, 02:48:23 pm »
That's nutz, IMO.

Iraq was supposed to be where we plugged the " Bug Zapper" to attract jihadists of all stripes.  It was working and we gave the Iraqi citizen what was supposed to be...a stable government with a Constitution and fair elections.

Instead, due to Obama's wish to destabilize as many Middle Eastern countries as possible, we essentially gave many Iraqis a death sentence.

......nice.    :whistle:

I wonder how many have already died because Obama's policies.  He has a lot of blood on his hands already, and a lot more is to come. 
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline musiclady

« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2014, 02:53:34 pm »
I wonder how many have already died because Obama's policies.  He has a lot of blood on his hands already, and a lot more is to come.

A LOT more........

And he doesn't care one whit.

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2014, 03:01:49 pm »
A LOT more........

And he doesn't care one whit.

Maybe it's my upbringing - my Dad is a church deacon and a teacher of Bible prophecy - but when I see what Obama is doing, I see biblical consequences being played out.  What we are witnessing in this point in history and seeing Obama & Co's role in it...it's just epic evil. 

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2014, 03:02:52 pm »
If he has handlers as you seem to agree he probably does, then he is indeed a puppet. They pull the strings and he responds accordingly.

Yes, he does have handlers and he responds accordingly.  The NWO and one-world government cannot be implemented while a single superpower remains.  That superpower must be reduced to a regional power and balanced by other regional powers before WW3 can be started.  After that, the U.N. will move to Jerusalem and the one-world government will begin.

I believe that little would be different no matter who the president was right now.

I think it is much easier to control who is installed as president than to manipulate the one who is there.  It is easy to look back and see how Obama came out of 'nowhere' and was installed as president.  Like Bush II, Clintoon, Carter and Kennedy.  Assassinations (attempted or otherwise) are messy and only used as a last resort when said president begins to think they actually were elected for purposes other than those their handlers assign. 

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline musiclady

« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2014, 03:07:24 pm »
Maybe it's my upbringing - my Dad is a church deacon and a teacher of Bible prophecy - but when I see what Obama is doing, I see biblical consequences being played out.  What we are witnessing in this point in history and seeing Obama & Co's role in it...it's just epic evil.

I see the same thing, alice.

And I've always been skeptical of end-of-the-world eschatology.

Obviously, we don't really know these things, nor can we, but it certainly looks like what we're observing puts us near the end.

And Obama seems to be part of the evil that's critical to having it happen.

(And I never thought I'd see these things, or say them.....)

Offline musiclady

« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2014, 03:11:15 pm »
It is easy to look back and see how Obama came out of 'nowhere' and was installed as president.  Like Bush II, Clintoon, Carter and Kennedy.

Obama is the only one of that list who came out of 'nowhere.'

Three were Governors, and one (Kennedy) came from a very influential, evil family......quite well known.

Obama is the only hologram.  The only one with NO experience doing anything.  The only one with a blank slate.  The only one with no past.

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2014, 03:23:03 pm »
I see the same thing, alice.

And I've always been skeptical of end-of-the-world eschatology.

Obviously, we don't really know these things, nor can we, but it certainly looks like what we're observing puts us near the end.

And Obama seems to be part of the evil that's critical to having it happen.

(And I never thought I'd see these things, or say them.....)

Because of the constant barrage of Bible Prophecy I endured as a kid, I completely shut it out.  I would walk out of the room, didn't want to hear it or think about it.  I spent most of my life not thinking about it.  But, I guess really - since 9/11 - I've had a turnaround.  I'm recognizing the signs and seeing the direction we're heading and bells are going off in my head. 

One thing is for sure, it's reaching critical mass.   

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2014, 03:32:14 pm »
Because of the constant barrage of Bible Prophecy I endured as a kid, I completely shut it out.  I would walk out of the room, didn't want to hear it or think about it.  I spent most of my life not thinking about it.  But, I guess really - since 9/11 - I've had a turnaround.  I'm recognizing the signs and seeing the direction we're heading and bells are going off in my head. 

What the tipping point for me was....this time....the total blanket push regarding homosexual rights and other sexual deviant behavior as being "normal"...to the point of destroying anybody that deems to have an alternate opinion.

The key here of course, is the criminal mainstream media that is now the PR wing of the Democratic Party.

For example, today on page 7 of the Washington Post is a [buried] story regarding the fact that EIGHTY-FOUR people were shot...FOURTEEN of them fatally, in CHICAGO, ILLINOIS over the 4th of July weekend.

That same "Chicago" were handguns are outright banned and having the strictest gun laws in the United States.

All black victims in their teens or early twenties.   

Probably all from single parent households.  On either side...perp or victim.

Sorry for derailing the thread....but the media is Domestic Enemy #1.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline musiclady

« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2014, 03:41:42 pm »

It certainly is reaching a critical mass because, as messy as the ME has always been, it has never been on fire like it is now.

We know the end will come there.  The final battle.

It's not emotional nonsense to be sensing that things are coming to a close.  It's actually pretty rational.

This is where belief in both the love, and sovereignty of God are a big help to me.  It's in His hands. 

"Be not afraid."