Author Topic: Woman Loses Her Job of 24 Years For Giving Very Common, Friendly Greeting to Customers  (Read 931 times)

rangerrebew

Woman Loses Her Job of 24 Years For Giving Very Common, Friendly Greeting to Customers

Author:  Editor

Posted: July 7, 2014

Comments: 0

When you’re at work, what would you have to do to get fired?

One woman found the answer to that question — she was being too nice! She was let go for saying “Have a blessed day,” which is a common Christian greeting. And that alone set off the political correctness police:

In 2009, Polly Neace of Kentucky heard the saying from one of her patrons at U.S. Bank. Polly liked the saying so much, she adopted it herself. Until recently, that is.

A former Northern Kentucky bank teller claims she was fired from her job for telling customer to “Have a blessed day.”

“I say ‘have a blessed day’ all of the time,” says Polly Neace. “I don’t think there’s any better kind of day you can have than a blessed day.”

Neace filed a lawsuit against U.S. Bank claiming she was discriminated against for her religious beliefs.

Neace clams after years of saying “Have a blessed day” to customers, she was reprimanded in March 2011.

In a Code of Ethics violation, U.S. Bank states several customers complained when Neace said, “Have a blessed day.”

The written warning also states that Neace asked a customer, “Did you take the Lord’s name in vain?” and then proceeded to talk to that customer about salvation.

FOX19 legal analyst Mike Allen says Neace may have crossed a legal line.

“Where you actually go and take a step further and actually perhaps try to convert or persuade someone to your religious beliefs, that’s where an employer can step in and take action,” Allen says.

She worked at the bank for 24 years, and is taking legal action… as she should!

Christianity is the basis of America’s legal system and form of government. And more importantly, out of all the crude language you probably hear in a day, if “blessed day” offends you then you’re far too sensitive to ever go outside your house.

Thankfully, “In God We Trust” is safe on our money, but probably not for long.

Read more: http://www.thepoliticalinsider.com/woman-loses-job-24-years/#ixzz36oBqn2eP

Offline GourmetDan

She should have said, "Have a totally random and meaningless day!"

Nobody would complain about that...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

rangerrebew

She should have said, "Have a totally random and meaningless day!"

Nobody would complain about that...

How about:  "Have an Obama day, may everything in your world go to shit."

Offline olde north church

I always tell people to "Go dance with the elves!".
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline musiclady

In the American Heritage College Dictionary, the 5th definition of the word "bless" means,  "to confer well-being on."

There is no way for these people to accurately infer from her words that she violated anything about anything.

See post below for my assessment of her later words.....
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 10:07:11 pm by musiclady »
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Sieg Heil! Sieg Heil!

I want to welcome everyone to the second rendition of the Leftist 'utopia'.
Deutschlandlied uber allis!
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Perhaps it was a lot more than just saying, "Have a blessed day!"

Keep your religion to yourself.  Period.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Carling

Perhaps it was a lot more than just saying, "Have a blessed day!"

Keep your religion to yourself.  Period.

As I read it, Neace went on to challenge a customer for taking the lord's name in vain, and then proselytize to that customer.  If I were that customer, I wouldn't complain about it, but it would maybe make me take my banking elsewhere. 
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
As I read it, Neace went on to challenge a customer for taking the lord's name in vain, and then proselytize to that customer.  If I were that customer, I wouldn't complain about it, but it would maybe make me take my banking elsewhere.

I had read it too.   She clearly went over the line is using poor judgment as a representative of the bank.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline musiclady

I had read it too.   She clearly went over the line is using poor judgment as a representative of the bank.

You're right.  Even though I might agree with her faith, her sharing it in this way as an employee was unprofessional.

I wouldn't say this was an offense worthy of firing, though.

Unless, of course, she had been told not to do it, and defied her bosses.

(Going back to edit my earlier post).
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline R4 TrumPence

The written warning also states that Neace asked a customer, “Did you take the Lord’s name in vain?” and then proceeded to talk to that customer about salvation.

How do we know she really did this? Just because some chest thumper, put it in the written warning? :shrug:

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL

I guarantee somebody would have been fired for pushing atheist views onto a religious customer. It goes both ways; keep your religious beliefs (or lack thereof) to yourself.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline olde north church

It also works as freedom FROM religion.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline Charlespg

somebody mentioned god :thud:  :cross:

if all she did was  complain about somebody saying god#### in public she has a good case
Rather Trump Then Cackles Clinton