Author Topic: Darrell Issa: Holder Will Appoint IRS Special Prosecutor  (Read 588 times)

rangerrebew

Darrell Issa: Holder Will Appoint IRS Special Prosecutor
« on: July 07, 2014, 09:57:33 am »

Newsmax

Darrell Issa: Holder Will Appoint IRS Special Prosecutor

Sunday, July 6, 2014 12:20 PM

By: Greg Richter

Attorney General Eric Holder will appoint a special prosecutor on the IRS scandal because he wants to leave office at year's end and because there will be pressure from November's midterm elections, Rep. Darrell Issa said on "Fox News Sunday."

Rep. Darrell Issa, chairman of House Oversight and Reform Committee, renewed his criticism of the tax agency for failing to release information in a timely manner.

"They could have pushed one button, taken everything that came out of their search, and handed it to tax-writing committees in hours, not over a year," Issa said.

He added that it is understandable there would be some delay in providing documents to his own committee because of the need to redact tax information. No such need exists, however, for tax-writing committees, he said.

The agency is under congressional investigation for allegedly targeting conservative groups seeking tax-exempt status. Former IRS official Lois Lerner is a focus of the probe and has pleaded her Fifth Amendment right not to testify against herself.

Issa last week invited IRS Commissioner John Koskinen to "amend" his testimony before his committee after Lerner's lawyer, William Taylor, said in an interview that Lerner did not print out emails containing official documents. That was contrary to Koskinen's testimony when he discussed the loss of many of Lerner's emails in a hard-drive crash.

Issa said Sunday that it was Koskinen who asked to come back to the committee hearing.

"We presume he'd like to use that opportunity to correct the record," Issa said. "And he should."

Either Lerner's attorney was not telling the truth, or Koskinen was inaccurate in his testimony," Issa said.

Related Stories:

•IRS' John Koskinen Regarded as DC 'Fixer'
•Daily Caller Reporter: Sen. Grassley Targeted for Audit as Payback

Offline musiclady

Re: Darrell Issa: Holder Will Appoint IRS Special Prosecutor
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2014, 12:47:08 pm »
If he does this, it will be the first thing Holder has done right.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2014, 12:50:02 pm »
If he does this, it will be the first thing Holder has done right.

a very BIG "IF"  IMHO.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

rangerrebew

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2014, 01:19:40 pm »
He will probably put Al Sharpton in charge. :whistle:

Offline musiclady

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2014, 01:40:00 pm »
a very BIG "IF"  IMHO.

An enormous "if"......
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Oceander

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2014, 02:00:57 pm »
sez who (other than Issa)?

And even so, if Holder appoints one, he'll appoint a see-no-evil Obama bundler/supporter who, mirabile dictu, will find nothing but localized shenanigans in Cincinnati and will mysteriously get a really plum job at a liberal-controlled investment fund shortly thereafter.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 02:02:03 pm by Oceander »

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2014, 02:16:47 pm »
I just reviewed what Issa really said, and it is vastly different than what this thread title implies. 

The bottom line is that Eric Holder will never appoint an IRS special prosecutor, and that issue will come up specifically during the confirmation hearings for whomever Obammy decides to nominate.  After the elections this Fall, and if things go the way I suspect they will go, then when the next congress convenes next January this scandal among others will take on an entirely new meaning.

Oceander

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2014, 03:40:27 pm »
I just reviewed what Issa really said, and it is vastly different than what this thread title implies. 

The bottom line is that Eric Holder will never appoint an IRS special prosecutor, and that issue will come up specifically during the confirmation hearings for whomever Obammy decides to nominate.  After the elections this Fall, and if things go the way I suspect they will go, then when the next congress convenes next January this scandal among others will take on an entirely new meaning.

thanks for the correction!