Author Topic: Durbin 'fed up' with House Republicans  (Read 449 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Durbin 'fed up' with House Republicans
« on: July 06, 2014, 11:05:39 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/211396-durbin-fed-up-with-house-republican

July 06, 2014, 02:18 pm
Durbin 'fed up' with House Republicans

By Vicki Needham

Sen. Dick Durbin (D-Ill.) on Sunday expressed frustration with House Republicans for criticizing President Obama about the border crisis while they have failed to consider comprehensive immigration reform.

“I am really getting fed up with some of the critics of this administration, particularly from House Republicans,” he said on CBS’s “Face the Nation.”

House GOP leaders have had a year to take up a Senate-passed immigration bill “and yet they refused to," Durbin said.

“Now they're arguing we need more enforcement at the borders and a lot of other things,” he said.

“When are they going to accept their responsibility to govern, to call up this bipartisan bill for consideration?” he asked.

Meanwhile, Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) said he would continue to urge House Republicans to work on immigration reform.

“We’ll just continue the fight, we’ll continue a respectful effort to convince our colleagues in the House that we need to move forward on this issue,” he said on CBS.

Durbin called for a multi-pronged approach to stem the flood of Central American migrants, including thousands of unaccompanied children, slamming the U.S. border.

He said there has to be a better outreach in Honduras, El Salvador and Guatemala, where most of the migrants are from and “make it clear that sending these children north is a desperate and deadly decision, and that they've got to stop as quickly as possible.”

Durbin also argued that heavy penalties also should be levied against smugglers seeking to get migrants across the U.S. border.

“The fact that they would lure these children into this deadly journey is just unspeakable,” he said. “It is an awful crime.”

Next, he said the United States must treat these children humanely as they're processed back to there home countries.

“I think this administration understands what needs to be done,” Durbin said.

“It's a really amazing challenge.”
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
Re: Durbin 'fed up' with House Republicans
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2014, 11:13:51 pm »
He can say whatever he wants, or more likely, what he has been told to say, on CBS News without fear of being challenged on it.  Such is the advantage when one brother works in the Oval Office and the other as President of CBS News.

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2014, 01:13:16 am »
Go to hell Dick.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2014, 01:54:46 am »
I've been seeing a lot of *Dump Durbin* stickers here although it doesn't mean much in this area since he isn't elected in this area...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2014, 02:20:54 am »
I've been seeing a lot of *Dump Durbin* stickers here although it doesn't mean much in this area since he isn't elected in this area...

I swear, it is impossible to read.  Where I live, Durbin loses.  But then, you have that otherworldly Cook County.  How do you overcome that?
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Oceander

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2014, 03:36:32 am »
Go blow it out your Durbin, Durbin (smart people - i.e., not democrats - can do the translating).