Author Topic: Hillary Clinton's favorite Republican lawmaker not embarrassed by comments  (Read 368 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/211388-hillary-clintons-favorite-gop-lawmaker-not-embarrassed-by

July 06, 2014, 11:41 am
Hillary Clinton's favorite Republican lawmaker not embarrassed by comments

By Vicki Needham

Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) may be Hillary Clinton’s favorite Republican but he wasn’t exactly excited about prospect of her moving back into the White House as president.

“I think it’s my job to work with every president if she is, regrettably, if she attains the presidency,” he said Sunday on CBS’s “Face the Nation.”

“I respect her views, we’ve had some disagreements on a number of issues.”

McCain joked that he hoped the program was blacked out in Arizona.

Last month, the former secretary of State and senator from New York said that “despite my problems with him,” McCain is her favorite GOP lawmaker.

“He and I have traveled a lot, we argue a lot, and he goes off on something that I disagree with, you know I admire him, and I spend a lot of time with him,” she said during a live interview on ABC’s “Good Morning America.”

McCain argued that he is willing to work across the aisle to get work done, including the recent bill to overhaul the Veterans Affairs Department.

“I’m not only not embarrassed about that, I’m proud of it and I respect Hillary Clinton though I may not agree with her,” he said.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34