Author Topic: Joan Rivers Storms Out of CNN Interview, Gets Criticized By Anchor Frederika Whitfield for Being Mean on Fashion Police  (Read 1012 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/joan-rivers-storms-out-of-cnn-interview-tells-off-anchor-video-201457

Joan Rivers Storms Out of CNN Interview, Gets Criticized By Anchor Frederika Whitfield for Being Mean on Fashion Police
CELEBRITY NEWS
JUL. 5, 2014 AT 6:05PM BY STEPHANIE WEBBER

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lKS-Et-VmE

Joan Rivers can dish it out -- but she can't always take it. The comedian-author stormed off set during a pre-taped CNN interview that aired on Saturday, July 5. The reason? Anchor Fredricka Whitfield described Rivers' critiques on her E! Fashion Police show to be "very mean."

"It's not mean, it's not mean, it's not mean. I tell the truth," Rivers, 81, interrupted via satellite. "I'm sure I say the same things that all the viewers say to their friends sitting next to them on the couch."

"These ladies make $28 million a picture," she continued of the stars she and her co-hosts critique. "Do you really think that Nicki Minaj cares I didn't like her dress?"

Rivers handled the line of questioning like a pro, but quickly became agitated when Whitfield discussed her wardrobe choice on the cover of her new book Diary of a Mad Diva -- fur.

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline flowers

I wonder what kind of shoes Frederika was wearing....leather?  does her car have leather seats?  I hate libs.

Offline mountaineer

They're hardly "mean" on Fashion Police (one of my occasional guilty pleasures). When a celebrity goes out in public wearing something ridiculous and hideously ugly, do they really expect only praise?

As for fur, you're exactly right, flowers. What's the difference between using a dead animal's skin for leather seats, shoes or purse, or - leaving the hair intact - a fur coat? I guess you don't have to be stupid to work at CNN, but it helps.  :whistle:
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 12:05:13 am by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

rangerrebew

‘It’s Not Mean, It’s Not Mean, It’s Not Mean’: Raging Joan Rivers Storms Off CNN Set

Jul. 6, 2014 10:41am   Mike Opelka   

Things were testy at the very start of Fredricka Whitfield’s interview of Joan Rivers on CNN, and they only got worse.

In fact, Saturday’s contentious chat did not last three minutes as an apparently angry Rivers unplugged her earpiece and walked off the CNN set, leaving  Whitfield sitting in disbelief.

Image: YouTube
Image: YouTube.com

Appearing on CNN just a day after the firestorm of controversy erupted when the 81-year-old comic said Barack Obama was the first gay president of the United States and called first lady Michelle Obama a “tranny,” Rivers walked out of an interview she deemed unfriendly.

But her problems with the CNN interview were not related to the comments about the Obamas.

The comic was on the channel to promote her new book, “Diary of a Mad Diva,” and took exception with Whitfield’s opening statement about her “Fashion Police” reviews of outfits worn by celebrities to premieres and awards shows.

“I tell the truth.”

Share:
After the CNN host called Rivers’ fashion comments “mean,” Rivers fired back with a rebuke: “It’s not mean, it’s not mean, it’s not mean. It’s not mean. I tell the truth. I’m sure I say the same things that all your viewers say to their friends sitting next to them on the couch.”

But Whitfield continued with her contentious line of questioning: “Do you feel like there are boundaries ever, even if it makes people uncomfortable…?”

Rivers, visibly irritated, shot back, ”Life is very tough and if you can make a joke to make something easier and funny, do it. Done. Do it. That’s all.”

What triggered the comic to yell at the anchor and leave the set was a question posed by Whitfield about Rivers wearing fur on the cover of her new book.

With that Rivers unleashed a volley for the ages: “All you have done is negative…I am put on earth to make people laugh! My book is funny! I wear fur that was killed 15 years ago! I work for animal rights!…You are not the one to interview a person who does humor! Sorry!”

After Rivers’ departure, Whitfield told the audience in a separate segment, “I thought she was joking the whole time but in the end we wondered, ‘Was this a stunt?’” But the host said Rivers was serious.

Watch the very brief but testy exchange:

Offline flowers

EC was it you who said she may have new book or show?......ding, ding ding we have a winner....new book!!!!

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
 :beer:

Had to be. Way back before she got poisoned by the fumes from the red carpet, she was a hell of a funny comedienne and one of the first of what you might call the shock jocks. I still remember her routine on using the washing machine spin cycle for sex .....
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Oceander