Author Topic: Climate Change Could Make Gingers Extinct  (Read 2471 times)

rangerrebew

Climate Change Could Make Gingers Extinct
« on: July 06, 2014, 10:29:31 am »

Climate Change Could Make Gingers Extinct

by Whoopie • 5 July, 2014 • Tech • 1 Comment

Tweet0 Share0 Reddit0 0
0 Email0 Share0
ginger girlA world without gingers. Is that supposed to scare me?

A DNA expert has has made the bold claim that ginger hair gene could die out if Scotland climate improves.

REDHEADS could become extinct as Scotland gets sunnier, experts have claimed.

The gene that causes red hair is thought to be an evolutionary response to the lack of sun in Scotland. Redhead colouring allows people to get the maximum vitamin D from what little sun there is.

Another scientist, who asked not to be named because of the theoretical nature of the work, said: “I think the gene is slowly dying out. Climate change could see a decline in the number of people with red hair in Scotland.”

Get a full dose of silly science:

So now the big fear is that the climate will improve?

But the real clue that these so called scientists are clueless is that they think that Global Warming due to man made CO2 will somehow make the sun shine brighter.

I’m pretty sure the theory is that CO2 traps heat, not that the atmosphere becomes more transparent.

Perhaps these sad excuses for scientists think that Global Warming would make the planet tilt moving the Equator closer to Scotland.

But it just goes to show the caliber of intellect on display in the Church of Climatology. And remember, these are the schmart guys who are gonna tell the rest of us how to live.

BTW: I did search on this Dr. Alistair Moffat fella. Turns out he’s considered a crackpot and fraud:

http://www.thesaint-online.com/2013/03/rector-assessed-moffat-blasted-over-laughable-scientific-claims/

Read more at http://blurbrain.com/climate-change-make-gingers-extinct/#ed9VMLJ33cJVTG7K.99
Read more at http://blurbrain.com/climate-change-make-gingers-extinct/#ed9VMLJ33cJVTG7K.99

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: Climate Change Could Make Gingers Extinct
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2014, 10:42:55 am »
OMG!!!

:smokin:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2014, 12:39:25 pm »
OMG!!!

:smokin:

DC - are you gonna be OK?   :chairbang:
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2014, 12:46:51 pm »
DC - are you gonna be OK?   :chairbang:

LOL!   

Strange, in that I read this at least six months ago.  Funny how they recycle 'news' nowadays.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online kevindavis007

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2014, 12:51:28 pm »
What next??? So if I crapped my pants can I blame Climate Change???
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

rangerrebew

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2014, 01:20:49 pm »
I have read 100% of the people who ate dill pickles in the Civil War are dead so it is unwise to eat dill pickles.

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2014, 01:32:38 pm »
I have read 100% of the people who ate dill pickles in the Civil War are dead so it is unwise to eat dill pickles.

I'll tell you something even worse, if you live long enough, you will die.   :beer:

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2014, 01:39:00 pm »
LOL!   

Strange, in that I read this at least six months ago.  Funny how they recycle 'news' nowadays.

Well, that's another thing.  You see, because of Global Climate Change, we're running out of news - so we're going to have to eat our peas and start recycling the news. 

***cool cat***

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2014, 02:11:30 pm »
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2014, 02:55:17 pm »
Exactly, Luis!   Exactly!!   :beer:

Oceander

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2014, 03:59:32 am »
y'mean there are no red-heads anywhere else other than in Scotland?  And why would a change in the climate that -assuming arguendo - helped give rise to this gene cause the gene itself to vanish?  The gene is present in the human gene pool, it isn't going to mysteriously vanish just because the climate changes, even if the gene originally arose as a response to a poor climate.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 04:01:05 am by Oceander »

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2014, 04:35:01 am »
This gonna lead to another redhead thread? [I hope!]
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2014, 08:14:29 pm »
Shouldn't we be doing more to save the Redhead?. Good God you can't turn on a TV channel without seeing ads showing pathetic starving children, or abused puppies.  We need to start the Save the Redhead campaign, and it can be kicked off right here on GOPBR
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2014, 08:16:07 pm »
Shouldn't we be doing more to save the Redhead?. Good God you can't turn on a TV channel without seeing ads showing pathetic starving children, or abused puppies.  We need to start the Save the Redhead campaign, and it can be kicked off right here on GOPBR

I'm setting up a paypal account right now.

Send me $19.00 each month....screw the abused pets and Third World Children.    :laugh:

Offline musiclady

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2014, 08:46:52 pm »
y'mean there are no red-heads anywhere else other than in Scotland?  And why would a change in the climate that -assuming arguendo - helped give rise to this gene cause the gene itself to vanish?  The gene is present in the human gene pool, it isn't going to mysteriously vanish just because the climate changes, even if the gene originally arose as a response to a poor climate.

My Dad was a redhead who was 100% Swedish, born to immigrants.

Not much sun up in them thar Nordic parts.   ^-^
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2014, 09:12:18 pm »

Grrrrrr - no redhead threads without pictures!  :chairbang:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2014, 09:32:22 pm »

Red head threads have been banned by management. No redheads Please.
Also, never ask for anything to be orange. They don't like that here.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 09:33:13 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2014, 09:58:03 pm »
 :nometalk:

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2014, 10:00:06 pm »
Now look. I want you all to Please stop posting redhead pics. It is not appropriate for this forum. And that is final.

If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2014, 10:01:11 pm »

Red head threads have been banned by management. No redheads Please.
Also, never ask for anything to be orange. They don't like that here.

I appreciate that photo for the striking emerald eyes.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2014, 10:06:22 pm »
Yeah me too. The eyes. Yeah, that's right. That's what I was looking at too.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2014, 12:57:43 am »
Yeah me too. The eyes. Yeah, that's right. That's what I was looking at too.

Lando, I'm sure, is referring to the freckled-nosed young lady.  Not the anorexic model.   LOL!

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2014, 03:00:01 am »
You know nothing Jon Snow.

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx