Author Topic: Climate Change Could Make Gingers Extinct  (Read 1110 times)

Online rangerrebew

• America defending Veteran
  • TBR Contributor
  • “It’s easier to fool people than to convince them
Climate Change Could Make Gingers Extinct
« on: July 06, 2014, 06:29:31 AM »

Climate Change Could Make Gingers Extinct

by Whoopie • 5 July, 2014 • Tech • 1 Comment

Tweet0 Share0 Reddit0 0
0 Email0 Share0
ginger girlA world without gingers. Is that supposed to scare me?

A DNA expert has has made the bold claim that ginger hair gene could die out if Scotland climate improves.

REDHEADS could become extinct as Scotland gets sunnier, experts have claimed.

The gene that causes red hair is thought to be an evolutionary response to the lack of sun in Scotland. Redhead colouring allows people to get the maximum vitamin D from what little sun there is.

Another scientist, who asked not to be named because of the theoretical nature of the work, said: “I think the gene is slowly dying out. Climate change could see a decline in the number of people with red hair in Scotland.”

Get a full dose of silly science:

So now the big fear is that the climate will improve?

But the real clue that these so called scientists are clueless is that they think that Global Warming due to man made CO2 will somehow make the sun shine brighter.

I’m pretty sure the theory is that CO2 traps heat, not that the atmosphere becomes more transparent.

Perhaps these sad excuses for scientists think that Global Warming would make the planet tilt moving the Equator closer to Scotland.

But it just goes to show the caliber of intellect on display in the Church of Climatology. And remember, these are the schmart guys who are gonna tell the rest of us how to live.

BTW: I did search on this Dr. Alistair Moffat fella. Turns out he’s considered a crackpot and fraud:

http://www.thesaint-online.com/2013/03/rector-assessed-moffat-blasted-over-laughable-scientific-claims/

Read more at http://blurbrain.com/climate-change-make-gingers-extinct/#ed9VMLJ33cJVTG7K.99
Read more at http://blurbrain.com/climate-change-make-gingers-extinct/#ed9VMLJ33cJVTG7K.99
Abraham Lincoln:

There is no grievance that is a fit object of redress by mob law.
--January 27, 1838 Lyceum Address

Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties. And not to Democrats alone do I make this appeal, but to all who love these
great and true principles.
--August 27, 1856 Speech at Kalamazoo, Michigan

Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.
--July 10, 1858 Speech at Chicago

Online DCPatriot

Re: Climate Change Could Make Gingers Extinct
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2014, 06:42:55 AM »
OMG!!!

:smokin:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"I am responsible for what I say.  I am not responsible for what your understand."  ...me

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2014, 08:39:25 AM »
OMG!!!

:smokin:

DC - are you gonna be OK?   :chairbang:
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2014, 08:46:51 AM »
DC - are you gonna be OK?   :chairbang:

LOL!   

Strange, in that I read this at least six months ago.  Funny how they recycle 'news' nowadays.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"I am responsible for what I say.  I am not responsible for what your understand."  ...me

Online kevindavis

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2014, 08:51:28 AM »
What next??? So if I crapped my pants can I blame Climate Change???
GOP House members came to Paul Ryan to be Speaker. He didn't come to them. And he was everybody's conservative darling back in 2012. So unless 1 of the remaining 240 wants to step up & do a better job in budgeting & negotiations & herding the party cats, then everybody please STFU. You go to battle with the army you have, not the one you want but don't have.

Kevin Davis

Online rangerrebew

• America defending Veteran
  • TBR Contributor
  • “It’s easier to fool people than to convince them
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2014, 09:20:49 AM »
I have read 100% of the people who ate dill pickles in the Civil War are dead so it is unwise to eat dill pickles.
Abraham Lincoln:

There is no grievance that is a fit object of redress by mob law.
--January 27, 1838 Lyceum Address

Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties. And not to Democrats alone do I make this appeal, but to all who love these
great and true principles.
--August 27, 1856 Speech at Kalamazoo, Michigan

Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.
--July 10, 1858 Speech at Chicago

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2014, 09:32:38 AM »
I have read 100% of the people who ate dill pickles in the Civil War are dead so it is unwise to eat dill pickles.

I'll tell you something even worse, if you live long enough, you will die.   :beer:

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2014, 09:39:00 AM »
LOL!   

Strange, in that I read this at least six months ago.  Funny how they recycle 'news' nowadays.

Well, that's another thing.  You see, because of Global Climate Change, we're running out of news - so we're going to have to eat our peas and start recycling the news. 

***cool cat***

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2014, 10:11:30 AM »
“[Euthanasia] is what any State medical service has sooner or later got to face. If you are going to be kept alive in institutions run by and paid for by the State, you must accept the State’s right to economize when necessary …” The Ministry of Fear by Graham Green (New York: Penguin Books [1943] 2005, p. 165).

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2014, 10:55:17 AM »
Exactly, Luis!   Exactly!!   :beer:

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • #ToldYouSo
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2014, 11:59:32 PM »
y'mean there are no red-heads anywhere else other than in Scotland?  And why would a change in the climate that -assuming arguendo - helped give rise to this gene cause the gene itself to vanish?  The gene is present in the human gene pool, it isn't going to mysteriously vanish just because the climate changes, even if the gene originally arose as a response to a poor climate.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 12:01:05 AM by Oceander »

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2014, 12:35:01 AM »
This gonna lead to another redhead thread? [I hope!]
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2014, 04:14:29 PM »
Shouldn't we be doing more to save the Redhead?. Good God you can't turn on a TV channel without seeing ads showing pathetic starving children, or abused puppies.  We need to start the Save the Redhead campaign, and it can be kicked off right here on GOPBR
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2014, 04:16:07 PM »
Shouldn't we be doing more to save the Redhead?. Good God you can't turn on a TV channel without seeing ads showing pathetic starving children, or abused puppies.  We need to start the Save the Redhead campaign, and it can be kicked off right here on GOPBR

I'm setting up a paypal account right now.

Send me $19.00 each month....screw the abused pets and Third World Children.    :laugh:

Online musiclady

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2014, 04:46:52 PM »
y'mean there are no red-heads anywhere else other than in Scotland?  And why would a change in the climate that -assuming arguendo - helped give rise to this gene cause the gene itself to vanish?  The gene is present in the human gene pool, it isn't going to mysteriously vanish just because the climate changes, even if the gene originally arose as a response to a poor climate.

My Dad was a redhead who was 100% Swedish, born to immigrants.

Not much sun up in them thar Nordic parts.   ^-^
Character still matters.  It always matters.

May 3, 2016 - the day the Republican party left ME.  I am now without a Party, and quite possibly without a country.  May God have mercy!

Online EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • French entertainment is a waste of mime.
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2014, 05:12:18 PM »

Grrrrrr - no redhead threads without pictures!  :chairbang:
Anyone who tells you you can't buy happiness has never been in a book store or an animal shelter.

You are the result of 3 billion years of evolutionary success. Act like it.

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2014, 05:32:22 PM »

Red head threads have been banned by management. No redheads Please.
Also, never ask for anything to be orange. They don't like that here.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 05:33:13 PM by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2014, 05:58:03 PM »
 :nometalk:

Offline 240B

« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2014, 06:00:06 PM »
Now look. I want you all to Please stop posting redhead pics. It is not appropriate for this forum. And that is final.

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2014, 06:01:11 PM »

Red head threads have been banned by management. No redheads Please.
Also, never ask for anything to be orange. They don't like that here.

I appreciate that photo for the striking emerald eyes.
For the progressive, there is very little to love about the United States. Washington, Jefferson, Madison? A bunch of rotten slaveholders, hypocrites, and cowards even when their hearts were in the right places. The Declaration of Independence? A manifesto for the propertied classes. The Constitution? An artifact of sexism and white supremacy. The sacrifices in the great wars of the 20th century? Feeding the poor and the disenfranchised into the meat-grinder of imperialism. The gifts of Carnegie, Rockefeller, Vanderbilt, Morgan, Astor? Blood money from self-aggrandizing robber barons. Nat Rev

Offline 240B

« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2014, 06:06:22 PM »
Yeah me too. The eyes. Yeah, that's right. That's what I was looking at too.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2014, 08:57:43 PM »
Yeah me too. The eyes. Yeah, that's right. That's what I was looking at too.

Lando, I'm sure, is referring to the freckled-nosed young lady.  Not the anorexic model.   LOL!

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2014, 11:00:01 PM »
You know nothing Jon Snow.

“[Euthanasia] is what any State medical service has sooner or later got to face. If you are going to be kept alive in institutions run by and paid for by the State, you must accept the State’s right to economize when necessary …” The Ministry of Fear by Graham Green (New York: Penguin Books [1943] 2005, p. 165).

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf