Author Topic: 'As funny as a liver transplant!' Melissa McCarthy's comedy Tammy is slammed by critics as 'deplorable' and 'pointless'  (Read 1281 times)

Offline flowers

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2681012/Melissa-McCarthys-comedy-Tammy-slammed-critics-funny-liver-transplant.html

On Wednesday she joined a prestigious group of entertainers to have her handprints and footprints preserved in cement outside the iconic TCL Chinese Theatre in Hollywood, Los Angeles.

But what was a career highlight for Melissa McCarthy has been spoiled by the terrible reviews for her new movie Tammy, a family affair directed by her husband Ben Falcone and written by the couple.

Indeed, one damning review by the New York Times Observer even went so far as to call the R rated comedy 'about as funny as a liver transplant'.

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist

Online mountaineer

I've never watched her TV show, Two Fat People Being Fat (or whatever it's called) but I get the impression that her whole schtick is, well, being fat, making her a PFP (professional fat person).
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
I just don't get her appeal. This movie (and her whole schtick) seems to be The Garbage Pail Kids sequel.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Offline flowers

I have watched his stand up act. he is good.

Offline Millee

I must be old, but I can't remember the last good comedy I saw.   :pondering:

Offline flowers

I must be old, but I can't remember the last good comedy I saw.   :pondering:
:laugh: