• Administrator
« on: July 05, 2014, 04:17:58 PM »

Support the USO

Online Oceander

• Technical
  • TBR Illuminati
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2014, 04:45:32 PM »
Geez.

Reminds me of a lefty I knew in undergrad who had a massive hissy fit in public because the ROTC folks were having a practice run-around in the ROTC quadrangle on campus one evening wearing cammys and carrying dummy rifles; she happened to walk through that quadrangle at the time and got spooked when a couple of them came running around the corner of a building.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 04:46:21 PM by Oceander »

Online rangerrebew

• America defending Veteran
  • TBR Contributor
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2014, 06:05:07 AM »
« Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 06:06:45 AM by rangerrebew »
"Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports. In vain would that man claim tribute to patriotism who should labor to subvert these great pillars of human happiness -- these firmest props of the duties of men and citizens. . . . reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principles."
George Washington

"Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become more corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters."
Benjamin Franklin

Online musiclady

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2014, 08:49:38 AM »
« Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 08:50:13 AM by musiclady »
Character still matters.  It always matters.

May 3, 2016 - the day the Republican party left ME.  I am now without a Party, and quite possibly without a country.  May God have mercy!

Offline olde north church

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2014, 08:54:40 AM »
Leftists are never happy.  They oppose comfortable toilet paper.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2014, 09:24:42 AM »
Leftists are never happy.  They oppose comfortable toilet paper.

Except for themselves.

And also... if it weren't for those "fireworks", Mr. Bigelow wouldn't have the freedom to open his mouth and express his dumb-ass opinions, unless he were among the...ruling...class...

Hmmm. Now just what do you imagine people like this secretly wish for themselves?
Liberalism isn't really about making the world a better place. It's about reassuring the elites that they are good people for wanting to rule over it.

Offline olde north church

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2014, 09:50:44 AM »
Except for themselves.

And also... if it weren't for those "fireworks", Mr. Bigelow wouldn't have the freedom to open his mouth and express his dumb-ass opinions, unless he were among the...ruling...class...

Hmmm. Now just what do you imagine people like this secretly wish for themselves?

And bottled water for themselves too.  You ever catch any symposium, they are all drinking bottled water.  I truly believe it's related to the docility fluorodation causes.  Much easier to control the unwashed.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2014, 10:07:54 AM »
Except for themselves.

Any progressive thinks they are going to be in the ruling class, whether by being in academia, media, or one of the wealthy elite VIPs that don't have to adhere to the rules like the rest of us will.  Otherwise, why would anyone want to live like that?

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2014, 11:50:54 AM »
Any progressive thinks they are going to be in the ruling class, whether by being in academia, media, or one of the wealthy elite VIPs that don't have to adhere to the rules like the rest of us will.  Otherwise, why would anyone want to live like that?

Strange how these academics forget the lessons provided by Stalin, Mao, and Pol Pot. That they are the first ones sent to the camps, not the last.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf