Author Topic: Hillary Clinton Says She’s Donated All University Speaking Fees  (Read 553 times)

Offline flowers

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2014/07/hillary-clinton-says-shes-donated-all-university-speaking-fees/

Hillary Clinton continued to justify her high-dollar speaking fees on Friday, telling ABC News’ Ann Compton that all of the money she’s made from colleges over the past year and a half has been donated to her family’s foundation.

“All of the fees have been donated to the Clinton Foundation for it to continue its life-changing and life-saving work. So it goes from a foundation at a university to another foundation,” Clinton said when asked about the criticism she and her husband have faced recently for their wealth.

Hillary Clinton reportedly makes roughly $200,000 for each speaking engagement. And recent reports show that she has made much more from some of the country’s top universities.

Last week, students at the University of Nevada Las Vegas, where Clinton is scheduled to speak at a fundraiser in October, asked the former secretary of state to return her fee of $225,000 back to the university. If she does not, the students said they plan to protest her visit.

When asked to respond to the students’ plea during the ABC News interview, Clinton made no suggestion she would do as they’ve requested. Clinton said that as she travels the country speaking, she is presenting new ideas to help strengthen the economy, which in turn, will help lower income inequality.

Offline flowers

Re: Hillary Clinton Says She’s Donated All University Speaking Fees
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2014, 08:01:56 pm »
Just amazing............................. **nononono*

Offline flowers

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2014, 08:04:48 pm »
Does anyone know the dollar amount of the donations this foundation has donated to charities or whatever they are supposed to be donating to besides themselves? 

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2014, 08:14:28 pm »
Does anyone know the dollar amount of the donations this foundation has donated to charities or whatever they are supposed to be donating to besides themselves?

It should be public record, though you'll need someone who gets money to dig into the information.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Ford289HiPo

• Don't take life seriously; No one gets out alive
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2014, 10:31:53 pm »
"Hillary Clinton continued to justify her high-dollar speaking fees on Friday, telling ABC News’ Ann Compton that all of the money she’s made from colleges over the past year and a half has been donated to her family’s foundation."
Wait-a-minute. I thought she was flat broke because she blew out a flip-flop while running from sniper fire in Bosnia...............

I'd also imagine that her families foundation is also a non-profit that she skims a hefty salary from.
I wonder when the lies will stop and truth begin, even as grim as the truth may be. And then I remember that for 70 years, the reign of terror in Russia called itself "the people's government." We have so far to fall, yet we are falling fast and Hell yawns to receive us.

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2014, 11:43:14 pm »

If it is anything like her book sales, then the amount will surely buy a round of Starbucks for which ever lucky foundation receives this "honor"....

:smokin:

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2014, 01:03:59 am »
I would question the sanity of anyone (or group) who would pay Hillary Clinton $200- to $250,000 just to give a speech.

Frankly, there is no one alive on this planet whose time or voice or advice is worth anywhere near a fraction of that, thank you very much.

What this -really- sounds like to me, is a way to launder money into Mrs. Clinton's pockets...