Author Topic: Obama: Republicans won't win another presidency without a move to center  (Read 707 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/211254-obama-gop-wont-win-presidency-without-move-to-center

July 03, 2014, 07:26 am
Obama: Republicans won't win another presidency without a move to center

By Mario Trujillo

President Obama on Wednesday predicted the Republican Party would have to "move back to the center" if it ever wanted to win another presidential election.

During an interview with "Marketplace" radio show, Obama defended his recent effort to sidestep Congress on a number of issues this year in the face of inaction.

He said Republicans are unable to carry out "basic functions of government,” pointing to the failure to pass immigration reform and the government shutdown last year.

"I don't think this is a permanent state of affairs,” he said. “I think over time the Republican Party will move back to the center, mainly because if they don't, they'll never win the presidency again.”

Earlier this week, Obama called on his administration to bring him a list of executive actions he can take on immigration reform after determining House Republicans would not act this year, despite support from both parties and business groups.

"Despite all that, we still couldn't get the House of Representatives to act, primarily because of politics, primarily because they're captive of a small ideological band inside their caucus," Obama said.

During the interview, Obama also defended the Dodd-Frank Wall Street reform bill passed during his first term, but said more reforms need to be made.

He noted that the law was not meant to solve all the problems of the banking system but was enacted "to prevent another catastrophic financial crisis."

He said the United States is ahead of other nations in regulating the financial sector, but more reforms are needed to prevent banks from taking "big risks because the profit incentive and the bonus incentive is there for them."

"That is an unfinished piece of business, but that doesn't detract from the important stabilization functions that Dodd-Frank were designed to address," he said.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline GourmetDan

I think we should all listen to Messiah Obama.

He has never been wrong yet and isn't likely to be anytime soon...

/s

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Online Right_in_Virginia

I think we should all listen to Messiah Obama.

He has never been wrong yet and isn't likely to be anytime soon...

/s

Especially true when it comes to Conservatives and Republicans.   :smokin:

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
It's good to know Obama is so concerned with what happens to Republicans.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
It's good to know Obama is so concerned with what happens to Republicans.

Ain't that the truth!  :beer:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline collins

What would this idiot know about the Republican Party or the political center?

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Obama Translator:

Whatever he says, the opposite is true.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline flowers

He may be right. By the time all his invading illegals get here they will change the voting landscape to pure Democrat for the next half century.

Oceander

yes.  that's true.  but the fact of the matter is that Obama does not represent anything even remotely close to center, nor do the current crop of parasitic democrats infesting Congress.

Offline Millee

Who would he consider the "center", Stalin???   :whistle: