Author Topic: Taliban insurgents set oil tankers ablaze in Afghanistan  (Read 592 times)

Offline flowers

Taliban insurgents set oil tankers ablaze in Afghanistan
« on: July 05, 2014, 06:36:55 pm »
http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/07/05/us-afghanistan-attacks-idUSKBN0FA09W20140705?feedType=RSS&feedName=topNews

(Reuters) - Taliban insurgents set fire on Saturday to about 200 oil tanker trucks supplying fuel for NATO forces in an attack just outside the Afghan capital Kabul, police said.

Television footage showed black smoke billowing above the site of the attack, with the charred wreckage of dozens of trucks scattered around a vast parking space.

The Taliban claimed responsibility for the attack, saying the trucks carried fuel intended for U.S.-led NATO forces.

It was unclear how the fire was started. Some Afghan media reported that insurgents had fired rockets at the tankers late on Friday. There were no immediate reports of casualties.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: Taliban insurgents set oil tankers ablaze in Afghanistan
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2014, 07:01:37 pm »
Worldwide islam has probably sized up Obama as a force, and decided to go as far and as fast as possible during his remaining term of non-leadership.

My guess is they will concentrate on areas that need US help, but will not get it, and avoid areas that are self-sufficient in opposing Islamic terrorists (India, Russia, etc.).

Obama will go on babbling, but by now the entire world has caught on to him. He is merely a polished public speaker, with a resounding, confidence inspiring voice. He exudes confidence.

But when it comes to results he is the hollow suit that Clint Eastwood spoke to.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2014, 07:34:57 pm »
It is inconceivable that America as a nation would elect a person with absolutely no experience at anything to lead the entire country. The guy has never had any real job,. He has never been in the military. He has never done anything.

He is a slacker piece of shit. And now he is running the country? You have to be joking.

It is no wonder that the entire world is laughing their heads off at America.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2014, 07:52:32 pm »
I have no beef with the leader of a country never having been in the military - as long as they LISTEN TO THE ONES WHO KNOW THEIR SHIT!!!!

The Worm - not a chance. He's the smartest man in the room, dontcha know. I assume the room in question is completely empty.

:shrug:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline musiclady

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2014, 07:59:31 pm »
Worldwide islam has probably sized up Obama as a force, and decided to go as far and as fast as possible during his remaining term of non-leadership.

My guess is they will concentrate on areas that need US help, but will not get it, and avoid areas that are self-sufficient in opposing Islamic terrorists (India, Russia, etc.).

Obama will go on babbling, but by now the entire world has caught on to him. He is merely a polished public speaker, with a resounding, confidence inspiring voice. He exudes confidence.

But when it comes to results he is the hollow suit that Clint Eastwood spoke to.

I think you're right about this.

The terrorists know they've got a pal in Obama, and they'll be doing as much as possible to take over the world while a dingbat, idiot is "in charge."
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Oceander

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2014, 08:47:33 pm »

I think you're spot on.  I have a feeling that a number of other countries, such as Russia, are running the same odds.

Offline Ford289HiPo

• Don't take life seriously; No one gets out alive
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2014, 10:28:39 pm »
http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/07/05/us-afghanistan-attacks-idUSKBN0FA09W20140705?feedType=RSS&feedName=topNews

WoW! I know exactly where that place is located. in 2003, it was wide open desert with nothing but landmines and dust devils.
I'll wager the military is pulling out their hair right now after they shut down several groups of contractors whose purpose was to spot these types of actions.
I wonder when the lies will stop and truth begin, even as grim as the truth may be. And then I remember that for 70 years, the reign of terror in Russia called itself "the people's government." We have so far to fall, yet we are falling fast and Hell yawns to receive us.

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2014, 10:35:14 pm »

t_s... As O says, your posts have been spot on of late.  Appreciate it.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 10:35:45 pm by Lando Lincoln »
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2014, 10:36:42 pm »

I think you're spot on.  I have a feeling that a number of other countries, such as Russia, are running the same odds.

Wherever we leave a vacuum, you can be sure Putin will fill it.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2014, 11:17:38 pm »

Agreed. Putin is a pragmatist. Get what you can when you can get it. And with Obama, almost anybody can get what they want.

They know Obama will make one of his speeches, beyond which there is virtually no consequence, follow-up, consistency, etc.

North Korea, Iran, Libya, Syria, Russia, all ignore him.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln