Author Topic: Obama at Naturalization Ceremony: I'll Do 'Everything I Can' to Get Amnesty Bill  (Read 738 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/07/04/Obama-at-Naturalization-Ceremony-I-ll-Do-Everything-I-Can-to-Still-Get-Amnesty-Bill

by Tony Lee 4 Jul 2014

At a naturalization ceremony on the Fourth of July, President Barack Obama vowed to do "everything I can" to pass amnesty legislation that would give a pathway to citizenship to all of the country's illegal immigrants.

At a ceremony that naturalized 25 service members and their spouses at the White House, Obama vowed to "fix our immigration system, which is broken, and pass commonsense immigration reform," according to pool reports. He said he would "keep doing everything I can do to keep making our immigration system smarter and more efficient."

That would include executive actions.

After House Speaker John Boehner (R-OH) told Obama that there would not be a vote on an immigration bill in the House this year, Obama said he would enact as many executive actions as he could to change the country's immigration laws and ease deportations unilaterally. His critics have said such vows have only lured more illegal immigrant children from Central America to make the trip to U.S. border states such as Texas.

On Thursday, Obama visited the D.C. tech startup 1776 to push for amnesty legislation, and the White House said Obama would not visit the border next week in Texas to see the illegal immigrant children who are flooding across it. Instead, Obama will attend three fundraisers for Democrats during his two-day trip to Texas.

His refusal to visit the border has made Obama's approval ratings plummet, in addition to destroying the chances for a comprehensive amnesty bill. According to a Gallup poll, two in three Americans do not approve of Obama on immigration.

The ceremony also honored Chef José Andrés, who has advocated for a pathway to citizenship for all of the country's illegal immigrants. He "was presented with a certificate honoring him as the Outstanding American by Choice" for his "commitment to the country and to the common civic values that unite the nation." Andrés, a legal immigrant, became a U.S. citizen in 2013, and he works with groups like D.C. Central Kitchen (DCCK) in addition to owning famous restaurants.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
I've always said if you give a liberal enough rope, they will hang themselves - and Obama has had plenty of rope!  I just pray that there are enough people that still care enough to stop this agenda of America's destruction.  Last night, I stayed home instead of going somewhere for the Fourth of July.  I could hear the booms and see the show of fireworks going on even late into the night, but I wasn't as inspired by them as I usually am.  Trying to think of what we'll be going through for the next two and a half years - I just couldn't get into it.   8888crybaby
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline musiclady

I've always said if you give a liberal enough rope, they will hang themselves - and Obama has had plenty of rope!  I just pray that there are enough people that still care enough to stop this agenda of America's destruction.  Last night, I stayed home instead of going somewhere for the Fourth of July.  I could hear the booms and see the show of fireworks going on even late into the night, but I wasn't as inspired by them as I usually am.  Trying to think of what we'll be going through for the next two and a half years - I just couldn't get into it.   8888crybaby

Very similar feeling here, alice.

I feel like my patriotism has been sucked out of me over the last 6 years.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline flowers

I don't hang my flag out anymore.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.

Why not?

Look, I don't want to be mean to someone I admire here - but you got no reason at all not to fly the flag with pride.

Sure, there is a total asswipe (scuse language) in the WH. Sure they are doing their damnedest to destroy the USA. Yet every single night, all around the world, that flag is carefully and reverently lowered and folded. People - not all of them Americans - stand to attention as it happens. The flag is carefully folded and put away, never touching the ground. It has to go up again at sunrise, come rain, shine, or a full out attack.

Those are the people you fly the flag for. Not the Worm. It is the flag of the United States of America. Not the boy king's personal stash of TP.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline musiclady

I understand that completely.

We still put ours out now and again, but it's definitely not the same thing as it always was in the past.

I've been a deeply emotional patriot for my entire life, but the last 6 years have changed everything.....

And I mean EVERYthing.   **nononono*
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.