Author Topic: Pew Survey: 60% of 'Solid Liberals' Not Proud to Be Americans  (Read 493 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/07/04/Pew-Survey-60-of-Solid-Liberals-Not-Proud-to-Be-Americans

by Tony Lee 4 Jul 2014

This Fourth of July, according to a recent Pew survey, 60% of full-spectrum "Solid Liberals" are not proud to be Americans.

The Pew Research survey found that just 40% of so-called Solid Liberals “often feel proud to be American” while "60% say that characterization does not fit them."

According to the comprehensive survey, 69% of Solid Liberals are white, and 41% are under 40 years of age. They make up 15% of the general public and 17% of registered voters. Almost unanimously they love President Barack Obama – 84% approve Obama's job performance, "with 51% approving very strongly."

Among all Americans, Obama is considered to be the worst president since World War II, according to a recent Quinnipiac poll.

In addition, 80% of this group believe that "racial discrimination is the main reason why many blacks can’t get ahead these days," 87% think abortion should be legal in almost all circumstances, and 83% say "the government should do more to help the needy, even if it means going deeper into debt."

Pew also found that 52% of Solid Liberals "have college degrees and 21% have graduate degrees" while "45% say if they could live anywhere they wanted, they would live in a city." While 93% of Solid Liberals believe that "stricter" environmental regulations are worth the cost, only "12% say the description 'hunter, fisher or sportsman' fits them well, the lowest share of any typology group."

Conservatives are significantly prouder to be Americans.

Pew's survey found that "81% of Business Conservatives and 72% of Steadfast Conservatives say the phrase 'often feel proud to be American' describes them well." Pew also concluded that the "feelings of pride in being American – and a belief that honor and duty are core values – are much more widespread among the two conservative groups than the other typology groups."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline collins

Re: Pew Survey: 60% of 'Solid Liberals' Not Proud to Be Americans
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2014, 10:56:03 pm »
Totally believable, only good this is these solid liberals like to huddle in filthy American cities. I'm not proud they're Americans, either.

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2014, 11:36:46 pm »
Totally believable, only good this is these solid liberals like to huddle in filthy American cities. I'm not proud they're Americans, either.

So it begs the question, why the bleep are they still here??  If they are that dissatisfied then they should have headed to Canukistan or Venezuela a long time ago.

The only reason these people are still here is because it is unfortunately illegal to shoot them.

:smokin:

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2014, 11:47:17 pm »

it is unfortunately illegal to shoot them.

Just the other day somebody was talking about how violent and evil the left is, and that if given the opportunity they would kill those who didn't agree with them. The key to true progress is finding likeness with your enemy and creating that mythical compromise everybody talks about. You think they're stupid and wrong and they feel the same about you, but there are a lot of key important issues that the left and right do agree on that would go a long way towards healing the devastation that has been caused by the evil that controls our government. We will never get anywhere until we stop dehumanizing and hating people that see the world differently. Stop letting yourself be a victim of the propaganda that would have you believe that killing those that disagree with you would be a favorable alternative.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 11:50:37 pm by Dex4974 »
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2014, 01:46:05 am »
One way to look at this is from a marketing standpoint.

Conservatives and liberals both have "products" in the form of ideas, philosophies, values, lifestyles, etc.

While earlier in my life I celebrated President Ronald Reagan's terms in office, and his contribution by selling conservatism to Americans, the right has been lacking in ability and people to sell it on an ongoing basis.

As I said on another thread, as a personal project for November 2014, each conservative should try to convert one voter.

Most won't do it. Won't even try. It is so much easier to bellyache about others on the internet.

But I am going to try. And try again.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln