Author Topic: Is Obama Giving Up, or Going Soviet?  (Read 237 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• America defending Veteran
  • TBR Contributor
Is Obama Giving Up, or Going Soviet?
« on: July 05, 2014, 05:33:48 AM »
"Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports. In vain would that man claim tribute to patriotism who should labor to subvert these great pillars of human happiness -- these firmest props of the duties of men and citizens. . . . reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principles."
George Washington

"Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become more corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters."
Benjamin Franklin

Online massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
    • Auktion Online
Re: Is Obama Giving Up, or Going Soviet?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2014, 07:25:33 AM »
Barack Obama is tired of all of that. But no one should think for a second that that means that he is giving up. This summer and the next two years are promising to be an unending series of manufactured controversies, engineered constitutional crises, and endless political deviousness and division.

I disagree.  I think OPapaDoc is taunting the GOP because he needs the Republicans to overstep so that he can throw fear into the electorate before November.  That is pretty much his only hope to achieve what he wants to achieve as POTUS.  After November, I expect the GOP to start the process of impeachment, whether the senate changes hands or not.  Then it will get interesting.  Or scary.
"She only coughs when she lies."

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2014, 12:41:53 PM »
Spot on.

He's baiting the Repubs into making stupid statements. Some of them will fall for it.

The RNC really needs the services of a GOOD public image consultant and marketing guru to set and enforce talking points. The DNC has them, and it pays out in terms of results.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • Chief Dork
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2014, 04:49:47 PM »
Spot on.

He's baiting the Repubs into making stupid statements. Some of them will fall for it.

The RNC really needs the services of a GOOD public image consultant and marketing guru to set and enforce talking points. The DNC has them, and it pays out in terms of results.

very true

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf