Author Topic: Hillary Clinton: ‘Fees have been donated’  (Read 383 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Hillary Clinton: ‘Fees have been donated’
« on: July 05, 2014, 02:45:09 am »
http://dyn.politico.com/printstory.cfm?uuid=3BA87B69-FE3B-4007-9D71-708F5E467C6B

Hillary Clinton: ‘Fees have been donated’
By: Jonathan Topaz
July 4, 2014 03:15 PM EDT

Hillary Clinton on Friday said that she has donated all the money she has earned from her public speaking appearances at colleges and universities in the past year and a half to the Clinton Foundation.

“All of the fees have been donated to the Clinton Foundation for it to continue its life-changing and life-saving work,” she told ABC News. “So it goes from a foundation at a university to another foundation.” The Bill, Hillary and Chelsea Clinton Foundation is a nonprofit focusing on global issues that was founded by former President Bill Clinton in 2001.

The former secretary of State reportedly charges about $200,000 for a speaking engagement, though recent reports suggest that she may have charged more from some universities. The Wall Street Journal reported that she was paid $300,000 for her appearance at UCLA in March.

The revelations about her speaking fees have sparked some outrage, particularly on the right. Students at the University of Nevada-Las Vegas are threatening to demonstrate against Clinton’s upcoming appearance at the school in October unless she returns the $225,000 the school is paying for her speech.

Last month, when responding to a question from Diane Sawyer about her speaking fees, Clinton said that she and Bill Clinton were “dead broke” after his presidency ended in 2000. She has backtracked from the “dead broke” comment, saying that it was “inartful.”

Clinton also told The Guardian, in a discussion about income inequality, that U.S. voters “don’t see me as part of the problem because we pay ordinary income tax, unlike a lot of people who are truly well off, not to name names.”
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Re: Hillary Clinton: ‘Fees have been donated’
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2014, 02:55:44 am »
Any CPA's about? The foundations financial records should be publicly available.

Not that I care that some dimwits are paying up to 250k to hear her blather on - it's their money - but I'd be more curious where it goes.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
Re: Hillary Clinton: ‘Fees have been donated’
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2014, 03:15:24 am »
First she says she earns her money and has to pay income taxes on it, now she says she funnels it through a foundation, which basically means she controls it tax free.  I hope someone digs into this.  Did these universities make their checks out to the foundation, or to Hillary herself?

If it is going to the foundation, its shady operations have already been exposed:

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/kateandrews/2013/08/14/revealing-nytimes-exposes-clinton-foundation-n1664254

« Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 03:18:17 am by massadvj »