Author Topic: Collins: Is This Our Last Independence Day?  (Read 405 times)

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Collins: Is This Our Last Independence Day?
« on: July 04, 2014, 04:22:10 pm »
http://www.coachisright.com/last-independence-day/

IS THIS OUR LAST INDEPENDENCE DAY?
JULY 4, 2014
By Kevin “Coach” Collins

We tried. We really did try as hard as we could. Over the past 238 years we have poured out the lives of generations of our young men and women to defend our liberties. We have willingly sacrificed our treasure and our tears fighting to keep the wolves of tranny away from our door.  But unless we change course now we will die on the battlefield of Good versus Evil. Today we find ourselves looking more like the patriots who were overwhelmed at The Alamo and crushed at Corregidor, than the brave signers of our Declaration of Independence. Try as we have, unless something changes, it’s all over. If our quisling politicians erase our borders and let those who have coveted our lifestyle for generations continue to flood our streets and voting booths, we’re finished as ”The Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave.”

If we don’t stop our megalomaniac president from continuing his unilateral amnesty America will soon cease to exist.  Those who actively or passively help Barack Obama grant his own amnesty, people like Ryan and Rubio, McCain and Schumer; Menendez and Pelosi and dozens and dozens more will go down in history with Benedict Arnold and the Walker family as the worst traitors and in our history.

If they let Obama stab us in the back with his amnesty attack,  America will be nothing more than a collection of boastful fools who thought they were better than the Romans and so many other long gone  empires.  The irony is that with full knowledge of the mistakes those past civilizations made, we will have repeated them anyway. 

Our Obituary will read, “America, by suicide in her 239th year.” Today instead of looking forward to a bigger and better America, we are content to sit and watch our precious freedoms be taken away one by one until now there are virtually none left. We don’t have freedom of the press. We don’t have freedom of religion we don’t have freedom from unwarranted searches. Our media is gone; our politicians have become quislings and our prospects for once again living as a free people are very dim. The Democrats have replaced King George with King Barack.

Enjoy this Independence Day my friends and please don’t call today “4th of July” like an Anglicized version of Cinco de Mayo; because if Boehner and company let Obama stab us in the back this will be our last relatively free Independence Day.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Re: Collins: Is This Our Last Independence Day?
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2014, 05:15:30 pm »
With that sort of attitude - probably.

Running around screaming "The end is nigh" only depresses people and annoys them. There are still planes to catch and bills to pay. And maybe - just maybe - sleeves to be rolled up to do the work that needs doing.

"It's a Republic. If you can keep it."

Note the word choice. You. Not some other sod. You. Now stop with the defeatist BS and get busy.

Fisher - that's to the author, not you, obviously! The day you know what "give up" means, we'll dig the hole.  :beer:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2014, 05:19:54 pm »
We will survive Obama. But his party should be made to own his disastrous term, for decades.

We should resolve to share our views, with friends, neighbors, workmates alike.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2014, 07:47:13 pm »
With that sort of attitude - probably.

Running around screaming "The end is nigh" only depresses people and annoys them. There are still planes to catch and bills to pay. And maybe - just maybe - sleeves to be rolled up to do the work that needs doing.

"It's a Republic. If you can keep it."

Note the word choice. You. Not some other sod. You. Now stop with the defeatist BS and get busy.

Fisher - that's to the author, not you, obviously! The day you know what "give up" means, we'll dig the hole.  :beer:

Problem is, it's not a Republic anymore. The 16th Amendment gave the Federal government the permanent right to tax one's income. the 17th provided for the direct election of Senators. the Founders intended neither. The you have successive Supreme Courts that hold the Constitution is a "living document". Nothing could be further from the truth. Two men did more than any other to destroy the Republic.: John Marshall, who gave the USSC powers the Founders never envisaged for it, and Abraham Lincoln, who destroyed the concept of a Federated Republic to save a physical entity. Everybody else's handiwork flows from the 'accomplishments' of either or both of those men.

The Founders were oligarchs. They modeled the Republic on Rome. Rome , as a Republic [for most of the Republic's existence], required the ownership of property for participation in the civic life of the city. So, too, did the early Republic. But somewhere along the way, we've opted for purer and purer democracy. That's Athens. And the Founders and Rome loathed Athens [Rome was, and we were, indirectly, modeled on Sparta]. So now we have battles over Voter ID, same day [as voting registration], write-in pre-voting voting, and voter fraud on a massive scale, and one party that uses some citizens' money to buy the votes of other citizens. About half this country doesn't pay taxes. But they vote. One can roll up one's sleeves. But I'm from New York; I'm a MAJOR League cynic. So when I roll up my right sleeve it enables me to better slap my right inside elbow with my left hand when making a classic Italian gesture. This sucker's just about done. 
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2014, 08:15:49 pm »
America is an idea, as much as it is a place.

Independence is ultimately a choice, and today too many people are making bad decisions, as encouraged by "leaders" who seek not to free them, but to rule them.

I think many are beginning to wake up. Those who love freedom have a duty to help wake them.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2014, 09:07:09 pm »
Interesting idea Pz.

I was under the impression that they took the best of everything - Mostly Roman, true, but English, French, 5 Nations, Quaker concensus, Athenian, a hint of Confucianism even, and combined it. It was certainly a new model of governance and is - in it's undiluted form - way ahead of anything ever tried before. They were VERY smart people, and the political philosophy created emboldened the French to go for it themselves when they saw it worked. Louis probably intensely regretted supporting the US right at the end!

Unfortunately, people are people. They prefer power and influence over the ideals.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink