Author Topic: Panel: Obama Giving Up on His Job, Doesn’t Know How to Govern  (Read 281 times)

rangerrebew

Panel: Obama Giving Up on His Job, Doesn’t Know How to Govern

A.B. Stoddard: Obama's attitude 'really troublesome for the American people'

BY:  Washington Free Beacon Staff
July 2, 2014 8:01 pm

Fox News panelists A.B. Stoddard and Steve Hayes argued Wednesday that Obama brought on his plummeting approval ratings by giving Americans the impression that he has given up on his job.

In a new Quinnipiac poll, Obama came in first as the worst president since World War II.

“The president is giving Americans the sense that, as he gives up on Congress, he’s kind of giving up on his job,” The Hill’s Stoddard said. “They know he’s bolting from the building to go to Starbucks and Chipotle. He’s getting bored in the cocoon, he’s planning his post-presidency.”

Free Beacon editor Matthew Continetti made this argument several weeks ago, writing, “I find nothing paradoxical about Obama’s recent pattern of behavior, nothing mysterious about the golfing, partying, traveling. It is quite obvious: Obama has given up.”

And, like Continetti, Stoddard notes Obama’s new habit of “having lots of dinner parties where he doesn’t talk about policy or politics, but the NBA playoffs–anything but his job.”

“That’s really troublesome for the American people,” Stoddard concluded, “not only because of all the problems we have, but because we’re with him for another more than two years.”

The Weekly Standard’s Steve Hayes concurred, adding, “It is largely because of the president’s flippant attitude towards the presidency. ‘So sue me’–what kind of a president would make that argument? And where he had been buoyed, I think, by the fact that people liked him or people wanted him to succeed, despite the fact that they might have had some questions about his policies, that no longer exists, because the president is behaving the way that he’s behaving.”

Charles Krauthammer said that Americans are just now realizing that campaigning is what Obama does best, and “That could be his only great competence–to campaign, to make speeches.” As a result, “He gave people hope, but he doesn’t know how to govern.”

http://freebeacon.com/politics/panel-obama-giving-up-on-his-job-doesnt-know-how-to-govern/
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 12:58:53 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline musiclady

Re: Panel: Obama Giving Up on His Job, Doesn’t Know How to Govern
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2014, 04:10:29 pm »
When you become president based on the whims of the populace, I guess you can quit being president based on your own whims.

Time to get a serious person back in the Oval Office.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Panel: Obama Giving Up on His Job, Doesn’t Know How to Govern
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2014, 12:37:09 am »
Musiclady wrote:
[[ Time to get a serious person back in the Oval Office. ]]

There already -is- a "serious person" sitting not far from the Oval Office.

Her name is Valerie, and she ain't done yet....

Aside: the person actually sitting -in- the Oval Office never was "serious" to begin with...